What will breast augmentation do to my wide set breast?

I am a 34B/36A cup. My left breast is smaller and my breast are wide set. My breast look deflated after having 3 kids, they are flat no fullness at all. Would implants help make my breasts appear closer? And can I make them closer to the same size, and add fullness to them/ get some cleavage? With wide set breast if never been able to get cleavage not even with a bombshell push up bra.

Wide set breasts

If your breasts are wide set then implants can not make them closer but with increased fullness you can improve your cleavage. The best way to find out  what your realistic expectations should be is to have a consultation with an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon.

Thank you for your question. Without seeing pictures can not comment. Please a board certified PS for evaluation.

The separation of your breasts is determined by the width of your breast bone and cannot be narrowed with breast implants. However increased breast fullness with an implant can improve the look.

Breast evaluation

Hello and thank you for your question.  The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.  The size, profile, and shape of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Wide set breasts and implants

Without pictures it is difficult to answer your question. Were the breasts closer together before your pregnancies?  If so, then implants may very well help the situation.  If the take off of the breasts from the chest is with a wide distance, then that will not be able to be changed with implants. Usually size difference can be accounted for and corrected. As many of my patients say to me, "I know they are going to be sisters, not twins." See a board certified plastic surgeon with lots of experience in this area.

Paul W. Loewenstein, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

CLEAVAGE!

Generally speaking cleavage can be improved in most women.  The result depends on the existing anatomy of the breast/chest wall and the implants chosen.  Even if cleavage cannot be created, when an implant is placed and a push up bra is used, cleavage can be enhanced.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Implants to make the breast closer

Without a picture and examination the exact answer is not possible. Do see a board certified plastic surgeon for consultation.

Most women have some differences between the two sides. Implants even that out. Sometimes a larger implant is used on the smaller side, but if the smaller side is narrower that might not be the best choice, as the larger implant wont go over the outside but instead may bulge superiorly. The amount of difference and other measurements will determine this. In cases of large disparity sometimes other options that just a breast implant are needed such as a lift or rarely an expandable implant.

Placing cohesive gel implants subfascially is another way to lessen the gap between breasts. Adequately and accurately measuring the width for a wide enough implant is also important.

However the surgery cannot change your rib cage so there are limitations. Breast augmentation is not placing implants on the outside but instead inside your existing skin envelope.

So the answer to your question is most likely yes implants will give better cleavage but an examination and consultation are necessary to give better details.