Body lifts. (Extended) tummy tuck. 34f s/p major weight loss. What are my options? (Photos)

I am 33 years old, no kids, and have lost 110 pounds three years ago. I am looking into a body lift versus extended abdominoplasty. I'd like to lose several inches off of my abdomen and have a flatter stomach and better contour overall.The body lift scares me because of healing issues especially near the coccyx. I do not like the cellulite appearance of my posterior thighs or Butt I thought extending out the tummy tuck would be the least invasive but still provide the look that I was pursuing.

Tummy tuck and liposuction

Based on your pictures you can benefit from an extended tummy tuck with muscle tightening for a nice flat abdomen,and liposuction of back and sides for better body contour,consult with a board certified PS,best of luck to you!

What are your options?

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a BBL Always insist on a board certified plastic surgeon

Weight loss contouring

The answer to your question depends on your anatomy (extent and quality of loose skin) and your cosmetic goals.  A circumferential body lift will likely give you the best results.  But I think you would also do well with an extended tummy tuck with liposuction of your waist and flanks.   A formal physical exam is needed to give you the best advice.  Please see a board certified PS to learn more about your options. Best wishes,

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Massive weigh loss options extended

After examining the pictures my opinion is that with an Extended Abdominoplasty  and liposculpture and possible fat transfer  you can obtain a nice result.  The extend of the laxity of the skin at least  at least showing in the pictures is my impression can be corrected nicely that  surgery

Body lifts. (Extended) tummy tuck. 34f s/p major weight loss. What are my options?

Based on the pictures, you will get a better result with a body lift and the recovery is not much more than an extended tummy tuck. See link below for examples. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Body lift vs extended TT

Thank you for your question and photos. Congratulations on your weight-loss, you look fantastic.  Sounds like you have done your research on these procedures and are quite knowledgeable, good for you. 

Your comment about having "cellulite appearance" to you buttuck area leads me to think you probably have some "dimpling" in this area. A lower body lift is the ideal procedure to address this issue, an extended abdominoplasty will not. 

You're also correct about a possible delayed wound healing in the coccyx region.  Surgeons that routinely perform lower body lifts are also aware of these possibilities and we all have come up with slight modifications in our technique to decrease the chance of this delayed wound healing.  Please seek an experienced board-certified plastic surgeon who performs many body contouring procedures for the massive weight loss patient. Good luck.  

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD

Body lifts. (Extended) tummy tuck. What are my Options?

It is difficult to tell with the clothing on how much loose skin that you have over your hips and buttocks. This helps determine which procedure is best for you.

I do quite a few body lifts and I don't think the recovery is any longer than a tummy tuck. Issue with the coccyx tend to only occur in very thin patients with a protruding coccyx and not fatty tissue over it.

Make sure that you seek out a surgeon who performs both procedures and discuss the pros and cons based on your body structure.

Thank you for your question. Body lift will address loose skin of hips and buttocks along with your tummy. In extended TT it will not address hips and buttocks. It depends on your goal. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation and to discuss your goals

Body lift or extended tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Congratulations on your weight loss. I specialize in post massive weight loss body contouring. Ideally you should get a lower body lift which in my hands includes : 

1. A full tummy tuck. 

2. A mons lift. 

3. A strong lateral thigh lift. 

4. A buttock lift. 

5. Auto augmentation of the buttocks and hips. The hip flap is designed to help increase or maintain your hip / waist ratio. 

You certainly can get an extended tummy tuck. Your result with it should still be good.

Peter Fisher M.D 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Body lift or extended tummy tuck

Thank you for asking about your body lift.

• Congratulations on your weight loss - what an accomplishment!
  • You will get a better result with a lower body lift -
  • But if you don't want it, don't have it - but let your surgeon show the difference it will make on you before you make your decision.
  • An extended tummy tuck is fine - you can always do the back later.
  • Liposuction should be done - but liposuction of the back without the body lift will leave the skin looser.
  • Above all, see a plastic surgeon and be sure you understand your two choices before you make your final decision.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS