I'm 5'10 and 142 lbs with a size 32 DD breasts and I want to know if I'm a candidate for breast reduction by liposuction.

My small ribs and large beasts make it hard for me to find clothes and bras that fit properly and create weight on my ribs that's painful.

Are you a candidate for a BR?

Also known as reduction mammoplasty, this is an operation intended to reduce the size of a woman's breasts and improve their shape and position. Frequently, the areola (dark skin around the nipple) is also made smaller. Functional symptoms (medical disorders) caused by excessive breast weight may be relieved or improved by this operation. Breast reduction procedures are ideal for:

• Women who have large, heavy breasts, which may be the cause of movement difficulties, back, shoulder and neck pain, poor posture, bra-strap indentations and chafing under the breasts will benefit from reduction.
  • Women with excessive breast size, which may decrease a sense of attractiveness and self-confidence, are candidates.
  • Women with large breasts that interfere with normal daily activities or with exercise will be more comfortable when reduced.

Breast reduction by liposuction

Breast reduction can be done by liposuction to eliminate the scars but it is not usually covered by most insurance plans as it is a cosmetic breast reduction. It is usually best for reductions of about one cup size. The skin tone has to be good, and not much droop to start. If the skin tone is good with good elasticity and the breasts do not have much droop, then, the removal of weight can either A. make droop worse by deflating the breast  B.or occasionally not affect it C. or rarely improve the droop because of less weight. 

For removal of a lot of tissue for symtoms the surgical breast reduction is a better choice.

Breast Reduction by Liposuction

Patient selection is critically important, younger women with normal skin elasticity do the best. The breast is made up of fat and breast tissue, liposuction is going to remove only fat so the ratio is an important consideration. You might be a good candidate for a breast reduction by liposuction but you need to be evaluated by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Good luck.

Miguel Delgado, MD

Breast reduction, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. 
After having analyzed all the information provided to us, i can realize that you have very large breasts for your height and weight, and can be responsible for head, back, neck and shoulder pain.

In the future may cause  permanent osteo-articular damage in the back and shoulders and skin problems (mainly under the breasts). For for this reasons, certainly you need a breast reduction surgery.

I recommend you to send your photos to us for more precise advices.

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Liposuction only reduction

This is our preferred method of reduction. Problem is it is not right for everyone. You need an in depth consultation with a BCPS so you can hear both sides. A photo would help.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

I'm 5'10 and 142 lbs with a size 32 DD breasts and I want to know if I'm a candidate for breast reduction by liposuction

You really need an in person evaluation to determine if liposuction of your breasts is right for you. It depends on your skin quality (loose or tight) and of your breasts are mostly fat or breast tissue. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Candidate for breast reduction by liposuction.

In my opinion, only a small fraction of patients who present for breast reduction surgery are good candidates for breast reduction surgery performed with liposuction technology only. Most patients who would benefit from breast reduction surgery also have ptotic breasts ("sagging") and reduced skin elasticity, both of which do not lend themselves to aesthetically pleasing results with liposuction surgery only.

Be careful with your decision-making;  make sure you have the best operation performed for you, and avoid increasing the risk that additional surgery will become necessary.