Tca peel effectiveness on very soft indented nostril scar?

I have an indented scar on my nostril which is very soft, i can feel it is softer and has less volume than my other nostril and fairly sunken in. It is nearly a year old and is from a piercing, no hole. Do you think a TCA peel will help this type of scar. Also what concentration? Thank you

Soft Indented Scar on Nose

Dear Jaxxhands,
Thank you for your question. The scar on your nose is difficult to evaluate without a photo, but if there is significant loss of volume, a TCA peel will probably not work. Better choices may be lasers or fillers, PRP or surgery, but I encourage you to seek the advice of an experienced physician who can actually feel the depth and breadth of the scar. I hope this helps--Good luck!

Indented scars best treated with fractional lasers

Thank you for your question Jaxxhands. Atrophic or indented scars can be cause by acne or trauma. Chemical peels can soften scars. For deeper scars, the best type of treatment is a series of fractional laser treatments (CO2, erbium:YSGG, or erbium:YAG). Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician