The longevity and effectiveness of Fat filler and Juvederm on small atrophic scar on nostril?

I recently had a consultation for an atrophic localised scar on my nostril despite it being small in size it is shallow. It is nearly a year old. I was recommended juvederm filler but was concerned about the longevity. How long will it last will first time use repair the scar as he said i might not need fat filler after. Would a fat filler through injection be permanent for scars from a nose piercing which caused volume loss and atrophy?

Thanks for your query. 
Juvederm is a better option for atrophic scars. I would appreciate if you could attach a picture so that I would be able to comment on it properly.
All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Scar treatment with filler

Atrophic scars are difficult to treat. There are many treatment options and the treatment recommended usually depends on the characteristics of the scar. For example, a vascular scar may be treated with a pulsed dye laser or the Cutera Excel V. An atrophic scar maybe treated with fillers, nonablative and ablative lasers, microneedling, chemical peels, and subcision or any combination of these. I would not worry as much about longevity at this point as I would correction. Once you are happy with a results, then it would be smart to discuss how to make it more long lasting.

Filler for scar on nose

These types of scars are difficult to treat and a filler may not be able to treat this. You may need to have surgery to remove this scar.  Please post photos to help evaluate,  Best, Dr. Green