Can liposuctioned fat be saved for future use?

I am currently working out to lose weight and get smaller. I have been considering liposuction around my mid section and back so when I lose weight its even smaller and flat. Can the fat that has been liposuctioned be saved and added to my bottom at a later date (once I've got to the size I'm happy with)? I thinking when I lose weight I won't have enough fat to do a transfer. Thank you!

Liposuction fat

Thanks for your question.  I am not aware of any way to store liposuctioned fat at this point in time.  I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to get a good treatment plan in place that will help you attain the body shape you are looking for. 

Store liposuction fat

Thank you very much for this question.

There is great interest in this field and I find myself answering to this same question several times per week.

The answer unfortunately is no and the reason is that the fat tissue did
not show any ability to survive after straight refrigeration.

Once harvested the fat needs to be processed and injected as soon as possible with the least manipulation and exposure to air.

I would recommend to discuss in details with your surgeon what are your targets and what result you can achieve after full body liposuction: you might find that you will be ready for your surgery sooner than you think.

With best regards,

Stefano Cotrufo, MD, PhD
London Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

The Brazilian Butt Lift is a procedure designed to transfer fat from one area of the body, typically the stomach and thighs, hips, knees, and back to the buttock through liposuction. The procedure is meant to reshape, but also enhances the size of a buttock to better fit the figure and provides a perky appearance to rear end. For those who have lost weight and feel their buttocks lack shape or wish to improve the appearance of their backsides, the Brazilian butt lift procedure is a solution. It is unique by the use of the patients own harvested body fat, rather than the use of synthetic material. This allows for a healthier and longer lasting result.

-Frederick G. Weniger, MD, FACS, MBA

The Use of banked Fat for BBL

Great question. 
There are no scientific studies guiding the safety and efficacy of fat grafting by individuals and clinics. As a result, being injected with frozen probably dead fat may not be a sound plan. 
While I am not familiar with standards in the UK, I can tell you that in the US our government is increasingly getting more stringent in its regulation of ANY tissues being refrigerated for later use and regards it as tissue banking or blood banking subject to much closer scrutiny and higher clinical standards. 

Peter Aldea MD
Memphis, TN