I had fut done about 5 weeks ago and it looks like my hair is getting worse then before? A lot of hair with shaft is falling out

A lot of hair with shaft is falling out as well as what seems my hair ... Is this normal

You may look worse after a hair transplant surgery if you have continued genetic hair loss.

You may look worse after a hair transplant surgery if you have continued genetic hair loss.   You may also have shock hair loss which may not be reversible.  These are all guesses.  It is best to see your doctor for a follow up exam if you are having issues.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Shock loss

It seems as a shock loss but nothing to worry.Share the final situation with your surgeon and most probably he/she will tell that after three months there will be no problem with shock loss. All the best 

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Hair loss

it could be due to shock loss from the procedure or it could be a progression of hair loss of your native (non transplanted) hair, if you are not doing preventatives. If you are concerned it is best to have a follow up with the surgeon who performed your procedure.

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

Baldev Sandhu MD

It is normal for shedding 2-5 weeks after a procedure. You must wait the full duration of time to see new hair growth (which is about a year). 

Thank You

Baldev Sandhu MD

Losing haif 5 weeks after a hair transplant

What you are describing is shock loss which happens in most young men after a hair transplant. The prevention for this is discussed in the video below

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon