What kind of chemical peel would be best to treat my hyper pigmentation and scarring? (photos)

I have a medium skin tone and most of my scaring and discoloration is around my mouth upper lip and nose area

What is best peel for skin scars and pigmentation?

I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist for a proper in person evaluation.  you would do well with laser nonablative treatments (fraxel or clear and brilliant) or radiofrequency treatments (sublative) as they help acne, scars, and hyperpigmentation.  Peels will not address all these issues, at least not ones safe on your skin type.  Microneedling and topical skin care would also be very useful.  Best, Dr. Emer.

I recommend seeing a board certified dermatologist who practices cosmetic dermatology for a personal consultation.

With chemical peels and laser resurfacing, the punishment should fit the crime.  Your issues are not severe.  I think lighter peels with no down time will be very helpful.  This would match chemical peels in the TCA 10-20% range.  It should also be combined with a home skin care program that is simple to accomplish and not overly expensive.

Melapeel chemical peels for facial discoloration and acne

Our office specializes in chemical peels for pigmentation. Patients who have dark discoloration benefit from Melarase creams followed by once monthly Melapeels to the face.  These have minimal downtime. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Chemical peels for hyperpigmentation

I find that medium skin tones respond well to both glycolic and salicylic acid peels. One peel unfortunately is not enough to see optimal results. It takes about 4-6 peels to achieve best results, which will include an evening out of discoloration and a healthy glow.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon