I am two weeks post micro lipo. My abdomen is tight, series of lumps and bumps is this normal?

It's a good question, but it's still very early after procedure. Areas that feel firm, or are uneven, is common after a liposuction procedure. Express your concerns to your surgeon. Compression garments, and massage can help improve these areas.

Lumps/Bumps/Post Micro Lipo--Lymph Massage, Hyperbaric Oxygen, RF treatments, Contact Dr if concerned

Lumps, bumps and swelling can last for a few weeks after liposuction treatment. You should be getting lymphatic massage, hyperbaric oxygen and RF treatments with your compression at this time.  This will help improve any swelling. Please contact your doctor if you are concerned. Best, Dr. Emer

Lumps and bumps's after liposuction

This is all a matter of relativity.

Some lumpiness is common after liposuction.

A lot of lumpiness is not and it's an indication of poorly performed liposuction.

Micro liposuction it's generally a marketing term which is used inappropriately.

Most body contouring it's done using liposuction cannulas ranging from 2.5 to 4mm.

There are cannulas less than 1 mm in diameter.

Those are what I would consider micro can you less or micro liposuction.

Those type of cannulas would not be appropriate for body contouring and are used almost exclusively for facial work.

You need to wait A minimum of six weeks but 3 to 6 months it's more appropriate before assessing your final results.

Follow up with your doctor and address your concerns with him or her.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Liposuction - tight, lumpy at 2 weeks

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

What you describe can be entirely normal after liposuction. The only way to be 100% sure is to have your plastic surgeon check you.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS