I recently feel too loose for my partner's penis. I feel the need to flex my vagina during sex:( what has happened to me?

I've never felt so uncomfortable:( is it reversable? Will I ever feel tight again?

Yes, you can feel tight again

What you’re describing is not at all uncommon and you definitely have treatment options that can help. Vaginal tightness can change due to a number of factors, usually related to childbirth. Kegel exercises to tighten and tone the vaginal muscles are typically the first line of defense against this concern, but vaginoplasty is another option to surgically repair muscle laxity internally and at the vaginal opening (introitus) as well. Be sure you look for a surgeon who specializes in cosmetic genital rejuvenation rather than a general OB/GYN, as technical skill will certainly make a difference in your final results.

Vagina Suddenly Feels Loose During Sex?

Unless you've just delivered a child vaginally or experienced recent physical trauma, it's probably best to take a step back and consider that looseness during intercourse is a team effort. If your partner's erection was smaller than usual, then his side of the equation is probably the first factor to evaluate and address. On your side, consider that the majority of women who have looseness are affected by Kegel muscle issues. Any medication, recreational drug or medical condition that would affect muscle tone could be responsible. If you're at a loss for an explanation, then visit your gynecologist.

Feelong loose ("Sensation of Wide Vagina...") during sex

Hello KP from Idaho,

What you're [not] feeling in not unusual after a woman has had a child/children.  The combination of the trauma and forces of childbirth (passing that "cantelope-head" through your poor petite lady parts (!!), widely stretching out your pelvic floor) plus genetics plus age may all conspire to loosen vaginal tone and make it difficult to "grip" and exercise your pelvic floor muscles.  The looser things are, the more difficult it is for your lover's penis (especialy if he is not particularly "large") or a "toy" to expand the vagina, stimulate the G-spot, and massage against the clitoris, both external, and the "root" of the clitoris that is buried in the upper vaginal wall.  If the "floor" of the vagina is lax, it is difficult to "squeeze" and "feel..."

And, YES, there is a specialized procedure, performed mostly by Cosmetic Gynecologists, to specially tighten the vagina via a directed "3-layer closure" to approximate the muscles, build up the pelvic floor, well-elevate the "perineal body," and effect a pleasing, cosmetic reconstruction of the vaginal opening.

A good, well-trained cosmetic/plastic gynecological surgeon knows how to do this, but there are not many around the U.S.  A general gynecologist DOES NOT do this particular operation, so you probably won't get the type of results hoped for from a general Gyn, (who does only a "posterior repair...").  The right kind of surgeon knows how to do the kind of repair noted above, plus is savvy in "Sexual Medicine" and the sexual issues involved, AND (!) will advise and instruct you in the use of specialized intra-vaginal "exercisers" after surgery in order to well-strengthen the muscles that he or she has put back together!  An added bonus is if that surgeon is set up and skilled at doing this all in the office under a local anesthetic (YES! in CAN be done under local if the surgeon has the skill, expereince anr right training).  There are only a few surgeons in the U.S, who are skilled enough to do it that way, and it is worth it to seek these persons out; you may have to travel-- I know of no-one so trained in Idaho. A large number of our patients travel from other parts of California, other states, and even foreign countries for surgery.

In any case, THERE IS HOPE!  

Very best,

Michael P Goodman MD
Davis, CA USA

Loose Vagina

A loose vagina should be approached first by Kegel manuver exercise training.  If this does not correct the issue an intra-vaginal examination is always a good idea.  
Surgical tightening of the vaginal muscles is a well known an commonly performed procedure with a high degree of success and satisfaction.
Please consult in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic or Gynecologic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS