Half of my front tooth is chipped really bad. It is half blackish and the other half is white. What do I do? (Photo)

have of my front tooth is chipped really bad and is half blakish and the other half is white what do I do ? I'm afraid I will have to take it out and I would not like that .... so what would be my options ?.. please and thank you .

Tooth decay

Hi there. It appears that your tooth is affected by decay. Depending on the extend of the decay, you would require root canal therapy, a crown, or an aesthetic filling. Visit your dentist asap if you want to keep your tooth. Good luck to you. 

Front Tooth

Your front tooth appears to have a large cavity (decay). You should seek dental care to determine your treatment options. You may get by with a large filling, or you may need a crown. If the decay is too extensive, you may need a root canal prior to crown placement.
Don't delay, go see your dentist. You will feel better for sure!

Charles Briscoe, DDS
La Jolla Dentist

Chipped tooth

You have a large cavity in your tooth. It's impossible to tell how deep it is based on your picture. I doubt it will need to be removed but if you continue to wait that could happen. Currently you may need a simple filling or it could need a root canal and a crown. The sooner you start treatment the better.