Can puckering outside the eyes after a bleph be repaired? (Photo)

15 days out of a lower bleph and fat grafting with puckers on the lateral scar. Left side is quite prominent and becoming more so as swelling abates - I regret doing this so much. Can anything be done before they get even worse? They look awful.

Blepharoplasty

Hi bungeedog. This is still an early time in your recovery period. Based on the photos, which is never as good as an in person evaluation, the situation will improve with time. Should it not improve enough, a simple laser procedure should fix the problem. Good luck!

Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Excess skin after blepharoplasty

can occur and is easily managed with minor office revisions or skin tightening procedures such as laser or other less invasive manners such as ThermiRF.

Curtis Wong, MD

S/P blepharoplasty lower lids

You are early in the course of healing. If you do not see satisfactory improvement over the next few weeks, express your concern to your surgeon and/or seek a second opinion. Your skin may benefit from resurfacing which will improve the fine wrinkles and "plump" up the skin. Avoiding hand to eye contact and eye-rubbing will help preserve the skin quality. Best wishes.

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid Surgery

Thank you for your question. Please remain patient and refrain from evaluating your results at only 2 weeks post op. It is very standard for there to be a certain amount of swelling and bruising around the surgery site. Please continue to follow the recovery instructions provided by your board certified facial plastic surgeon. Your best course of action is ice and rest.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

How can I fix my eyelids after plastic surgery?

While your concerns are real and valid, it is important to let healing continue as your issues may improve, change, or even resolve with time. Revision after eyelids surgery is difficult, but a specialist can help you go through your surgical and non-surgical options.

Jeffrey M. Joseph, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid redundancy

Eyelid skin redundancy following upper blepharoplasty can be corrected with ablative laser if you do not want to get cut again.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Can puckering outside the eyes after a bleph be repaired?

It's still early after your procedure, I would give these areas more time to settle. You may find that they resolved without any treatment. If there is still issues after several months, discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

First you need to heal.

Many issues that appear worrisome immediately after surgery have a way of working their way out and resolving in time.  Your upper eyelid platform skin is not well controlled from your recent surgery.  I advise you to heal for about 2 months and determine if what bothers you today has persisted.  At that point you might consider second opinions about the results of your surgery.