What is the best treatment for ice pick scars? (photos)

Looking for input on the best corse of treatment for my scars on my cheeks. I want maximum improvement and font want to waste time and money on slight improvements.

Best Treatment for Acne Scars

The best treatment for Acne scars is the Fraxel 1550 for fair skin and the Ematrix (radio frequency) for darker colored skin.  These lasers have the capability of producing new collagen after several treatments and improve the tone, texture, and surface of the skin.  I have had great cosmetic results with these lasers.  The only down time is a few days of redness and peeling and strict sun avoidance.  It is most important to find an experienced dermatologist for the best cosmetic result.

Fraxel Treatment for Ice Pick Scarring

Thank you for your question. At my practice, I have gotten excellent results for ice pick scarring with Fraxel. This treatment eliminates irregular skin discoloration, and stimulates new collagen production, tightening the skin without prolonged recovery. After a series of 2 to 4 Fraxel treatments, the cumulative cosmetic improvement is near more aggressive lasers, but unlike more aggressive lasers,
with redness and swelling eliminated within 2 to 4 days after each treatment. Fraxel is outstanding for fine wrinkles, mild skin laxity, irregular pigmentation, acne scars, surgical scars, enlarged pores, stretch marks, age spots and Rosacea. It can be used safely on the face, neck, hands, arms, and chest.

Ice pick scars from acne

Acne scars can be quite a challenge to treat. Fortunately, new advances have made them very treatable. Fractionated CO2 laser can be helpful to eliminate scar tissue and allow normal, healthy skin to replace it. The results can be quite dramatic.

A newer approach utilizes fractionated radio frequency to stimulate skin remodeling. While it can take several treatments, there is very little down time and the results are very impressive. This is because the energy directly stimulates scar remodeling. It is my preferred method and produces outstanding improvement, better than laser.