How can rhinoplasty help make my nose smaller? (photos)

What would need to be done to make my nose look like ashlee simpson

A Word on Re-Creating Celebrity Noses

Thanks for your question. Although it helps both surgeons and patients alike to have a specific goal in mind before undergoing plastic surgery, it's important to keep in mind that faces are unique. Part of what makes Ashlee Simpson's nose uniquely hers is the way that its proportions look in relation to the rest of her facial features. Putting her nose on your face may not create the same effect. However, your surgeon can certainly use the shape of her nose as inspiration, refining the appearance of yours to make it longer or slimmer. Choose a qualified facial plastic surgeon to complete this procedure, as rhinoplasty is a technically challenging surgery. Best of luck to you.

Tucson Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty-making a large nose smaller.

There are a couple ways to make a large nose smaller. The tip can be rotated upwards, in your case, you have nice tip rotation, therefore the nose should not be rotated up-you would see too much inside the nose. The second way to make a nose smaller is to lower the bridge. This would be a great technique for you and your goals. The tip cartilages can be refined to change the boxy tip to a more triangular structure.

Brian Maloney, MD, FACS
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

‘I want my nose to look like ________ (celebrity)’ : is it possible?

Noses come in all shapes, sizes, configurations and levels of function. We all would like to have an ‘attractive'  (i.e., pretty, beautiful, handsome,etc) nose and an attractive face, too. A nose that looks pretty on one face may or may not look good on a different face. Other facial features such as cheekbones and chins and facial proportions really do influence how noses appear, too. Nothing wrong with admiring a pretty nose on a celebrity.... but when it comes to trying to duplicate that exact nose on another person, we generally discourage this as being the most important goal. The more realistic goal is to retain the ‘good’ parts of one’s nose and try to improve the ‘other’ parts. We strive for an overall aesthetic/proportional improvement in our patient’s own very unique face!

Donn R. Chatham, MD
Louisville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Rhinoplasty can be used to help make your nose better fit your face. Keep in mind every nose is different and it is impossible to make your nose exactly like someone else's but it can certainly be improved. The best thing to do is to see a board certified rhinoplasty specialist for a consultation in order to come up with the best plan for your specific case. 

Richard A. Zoumalan, MD

Smaller Nose

When considering rhinoplasty, both you and your surgeon should consider the proportions of your face and how modifications to your current nose could improve the overall facial harmony. Often, seeking the look of another person's nose may not be appropriate or achievable. Given your pictures it is difficult to determine whether the nose you desire would be feasible or "fit" your face. With that said, you could potential improve the shape of the tip as well as decrease the projection (how far out the nose comes out from the face). One must be careful in your situation as common rhinoplasty maneuvers in you may result in an over-rotated appearance. This is something your plastic surgeon should consider and is why I would recommend seeking a plastic surgeon with a special interest in rhinoplasty.

Nima (Nash) Naghshineh, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Scarless Rhinoplasty is the answer!

Scarless Rhinoplasty is absolutely the answer.   This is the approach all celebrities, models and actresses take because there is no external cuts or scarring.  The goal is to refine the nose, not drastically change the nose.  By doing subtle refinements we are able to finesse the sculpt the nose to match your face perfectly.  By doing this via a scarless (closed) approach, there are no external cuts ever on your nose.  This prevents the dreaded complication of external scarring at the base of the nose, which even if rare, if it occurs, is devastating.  Through a scarless approach you can accomplish almost everything needed to be done to the nose with no scarring, less healing time, less bruising, and less swelling.   

Do consult a board certified plastic surgeon who performscarless rhinoplasty as 100% of his/her surgical practice and do hundreds of these procedures a year.  

All the best!

Deepak Raj Dugar, MD

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a nasal tip deprojection to make the overall size of your nose smaller.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

What can be done to make my nose look smaller and more like Ashley Simpson's nose?

Thanks for the question.  Trying to give better symmetry and balance to a nose is always a good idea, but trying to match either a celebrity's nasal shape or a computer generated photoshopped appearance is not what I prefer doing in my practice.  You could benefit from some height reduction, the tip may be better balanced, and the length and width of the nose might be altered, but the best way to judge this would for you to select a very qualified Plastic Surgeon in your area of the country and to ask for a thorough evaluation and exam.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Smaller nose

A rhinoplasty can better balance your nose with improvement in the profile by reducing the height and refining the tip . Best of luck.

Rhinoplasty candidate to help make the nose look smaller

Digital computer imaging would be helpful to understand what can be accomplished with your nose on your facial features, and not give you someone else's celebrity nose which is impossible. The dorsal hump can be shaved down, the projection decreased, the bridge line narrowed and the hanging columella reduced.  For more information and many before-and-after examples, please see the link and the video below