I Really Want Tuberous Breast Correction Surgery?

I hate my breast. My right one is so ugly it's tuberous and I really really insecure. I don't go swimming I always wear sweaters and I've never worn anything 2 inches below my neck. Ok I'm only 14 but I have no self confidence whatsoever. I do not own this picture.

Doctor Answers 4

Still Developing at 14

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
At 14 your breasts are still developing and may change greatly by the time you reach 19. I know that sounds far off, but it's worth the wait since there are several risks related to surgery that you need to understand in order to make an informed decision about your treatment. Each woman has unique traits that make them who they are, and beautiful in their own way. Look at your positive ones and stop focusing on the negative ones.  Best of luck.

Tuberous breasts

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}


  You are 14 years old.  If you had your period more than 4 years ago, then in my practice you get the surgery.  Too much devastation goes on in the most impressionistic years of your life...high school. 

  Talk to your parents and be very blunt.  Be an adult about this with your situation and your parents will understand and support you.

  If your plastic surgeon says you are too young, then go elsewhere.  If you have a legitimate situation that can be corrected in a 2 hour procedure, then there is no reason to prevent this.  Your pedicatrician might not like it but too bad.  It is not his/her daughter and in my practice, I see a lot of pedicatrician's children with breast issues in their teenage years.

  I always find it interesting that they will recommend a patient wait till they are 21 and can make their own decisions but when it comes to the doctor's children, different story.

  Talk with your parents.....get the right doctor ...and know your options.  Then you will know if a procedure is the right thing for you,

              Steven M. Lynch, M.D.

Tubular breasts corrected with Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Unfortunately, photographs were not attached.  However, being 14 years old you will need parental consent to have surgery.  I recommend implants with a lift done through a circumareola approach.  You may be an excellent candidate for a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  If you do not want to be larger then The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift is sufficient to correct tubular breasts.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 230 reviews

You might also like...

Tuberous Breasts Concerns…

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for the question.

Unfortunately,  no photograph was attached. As you can imagine I cannot provide you with specific advice with limited information but some general advice regarding tuberous breasts and corrective surgery may be helpful to you.

Some of the characteristics seen with tuberous breasts include a very narrow base, short distance from areola to inframammary fold, tight (constricted) lower pole of the breasts, relatively wide space between the breasts, "puffy" and areola and some degree of ptosis (drooping).  

Generally,  correction of tuberous breast anomalies involves breast augmentation with areola reduction / mastopexy procedure. The distance from the inframammary fold is increased (to create a more rounded out appearance). Proper implant positioning improves the distance (cleavage) between the breasts. The areola reduction helps to treat the pointed and "puffy" appearance of the areola.

In the most severe cases of tuberous breast, a more complete breast lift may also be necessary.  In many cases however, a lift is not necessary. The patient should be aware that the final result will take months to see and that they will need to be patient and that revisionary surgery is more likely than in patients who do not present with tuberous (constricted) breasts.

 I would encourage you to share your concerns with your parents.  At some point, in-person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons may be helpful to you.

Best wishes.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.