I would recommend postponing your surgery because there is an increased risk for implant infection a recent bacterial infection. Augmentations are expensive surgeries and I would not want to increase your risk for complications also! I would recc waiting 2 weeks and clearance from your dentist before proceeding.
I Had a Tooth Removed on Monday That Had a Abscess, Im Due for Breast Augmentation Tomorrow Friday 7th Will I Be Ok?
Doctor Answers 4
Dental abscess with Elective Augmentation
I Had a Tooth Removed on Monday That Had a Abscess,
The consequences of an implant infection are worse that you can probably imagine--removal of the implant, no replacement for at least 3 months.
Any source of bacteria in your body increases your risk of implant infection. Were you my patient, I wouldn't give you the option to go on Friday.
Elective operations like breast augmentation have risks, and we try to minimize those risks where possible. Not operating in a higher that usual risk situation is a key way to manage risk.
Thanks for the question, best wishes.
Dental Abscess and Scheduled Breast Augmentation?
Thank you for the question.
Your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to advise you, preferably after direct examination. There are many issues to consider. For example, if there is any signs/symptoms of ongoing infection, it will be better to postpone your surgery. Also, if there is any significant oral swelling, this should be considered given that your procedure is most likely going to be performed under general anesthesia. Remember also that you do not want to have any irritation of the involved oral cavity by any "airway device” used during the breast augmentation procedure.
Review these concerns with your plastic surgeon; remember that safety is the first priority and postpone surgery if in doubt.
You might also like...
Did you have an infection? Did they put you on antibiotics? IS your PS going to give you antibiotic for after surgery? If all those questions are answered we would be able to give you better advice. Please let your PS know what happened and they can determine that, You should be ok.