I Used an over the Counter Hair Remover on my Face and Now my Face is Burned. What Can I Do?

to ptevent scarring and to promote healing?

Doctor Answers 1

Burned from over the counter hair remover

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I am unsure if you used a device, or a topical product. Most likely you need to see a physician because care depends on the type and severity of the burn you have. Sometimes OTC products can work, but often, for burns, especially on the face, a prescription steroid is necessary. It's just best to see a physician.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.