I Have a Squidgy Bubble Like Little Lump or Ball in my Left Breast 2.5 Months PO?

I feel this little bubble like bump in my left breast, I can touch it and it moves and is like it can be pressed down like a plastic empty tiny ball. My BA was under muscle silicone texturized gel 380cc, I got the surgery in another country 2 and half months ago, so kind of hard to address issue with surgeon, what can this be? I feel litlle pain in this area at times.

Doctor Answers 7

Breast Augmentation Lump

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It sounds like what your feeling may be the edge of the implant casing. But I would suggest that you make an appointment to be evaluated in person with a plastic surgeon to be certain.

Lump in breast?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

A lump in the breast needs to be evaluated in person. I suggest you see a breast surgeon or plastic surgeon where you live.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 30 reviews

Lump in the breast 2 months post surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hard to say what this could be without an examination. I would advise you to have an examination by a experienced plastic surgeon.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS
New York Plastic Surgeon

A small fold in the shell of the breast implant can create a palpable or even visible lump.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

A small fold in the prosthesis is probably the source of the lump you feel.  If it not visible, I would leave it alone.

“Lump” after Breast Augmentation?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for the question.

Based on your description, you may be feeling a portion of the breast implant; of course, precise advice would necessitate direct examination. I think it will be in your best interests, to establish a relationship with a  well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon in your area.  Seek consultation for precise diagnosis  and advice.

 Best wishes.

Bubble near Breast Implant

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Without an examination I cannot offer reassurance, but you should contact your surgeon and request a copy of your operative notes.  You should follow-up with your Plastic Surgeon,or a local surgeon regarding this issue. 

Robert E. Zaworski, MD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 61 reviews

Bubble Like Little Lump

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

This sounds like a ripple, which is more common with textured than smooth implants. The problem is that if it is in this one permanent spot, it may be a site for shell failure and a leak if nothing is done. Your choice will be to see a local surgeon, or at least to contact your surgeon abroad.

Thanks and best wishes. 

Jourdan Gottlieb, MD
Seattle Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.