I Have a Small Chin. I Want to Augment It but I Am Concerned with Bone Loss from Implants, Etc? (photo)

I am a 20 year old female. I have a square jaw which I love but my chin is very small. My frontal view of my face looks square as I do not have very much vertical length of the chin. And from the side I have some lack of projection and length. I was interested in a chin implant because I dont want to add too much more vertical length as I like the squareness but I am scared of bone erosion. And with sliding gen. I am afraid of titanium plate attracting harmful electromagnetic waves into my body.

Minimal bone erosion with chin implant

The simplest, easiest, and most conservative method to improve the projection of the jaw is with a chin implant.  The chin implant is made of silastic implant and inserted through a submental incision under local anesthesia.  The size of the chin implant is determined at the time of the consultation.  The chin implant augments the chin mostly in a forward projection.  There is a small amount of width that is added due to the lateral wings on the implant and there is also a small amount, usually 2-3 mm, of vertical height that is added since the mandible is angled at a downward position.  The amount of bone erosion is usually rather minimal and has not been of any consequence for patients.

Minimal bone erosion with chin implant

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}