I Need a Revision and Can't Find a Doc in my Area? Double Bubble and Snoopy Boobs? (photo)

I've looked and looked and looked. I've looked at ps websites and seen the revisions that they have done and I gotta tell ya the results weren't what I'd call pretty. I don't need perfection but I would like for the "girls" to look normal again after the botched breast job at fort belvoir. Is there anyone between Va & Ga that's any good at fixing bottomed out double bubble snoopy boobies? I just had them done a year ago and they went south just a few weeks after I had them done. Saline/under.

Doctor Answers 5

Double bubble

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Double bubble deformities need to be fixed by possibly using smaller implants, and a capsule procedure.  Good luck.

New York Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 30 reviews

Double bubble repair requires special expertise

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

While I cannot offer specific advice online, what I see in the photos looks like a version of what is called animation deformity causing the double bubble. In these cases, simple pocket repair often doesn't work. Conversion to what is called the split muscle method has been successful in my experience. I don't know of anyone in your area but would be happy to send you a copy of my article.

Richard Baxter, MD
Seattle Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 59 reviews

Bottoming out

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Although bottoming out to this extent is not common, it does happen frequently enough that most PS have experience repairing it.

Find someone with significant experience and it should be able to be handled without significant difficulty.

You might also like...

Capsule repair surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

A plastic surgeon who does a lot of revision work shouldn't have a problem with your surgery- I agree - you should be sure you see pictures of results you like before signing up for more surgery

I Need a Revision and Can't Find a Doc in my Area? Double Bubble and Snoopy Boobs?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

This does not look like it would be a terribly difficult revision--the breast fold needs to be re-inforced, either with sutures or with an acellular dermal matrix, such as Strattice. This can be accomplished by an experienced plastic surgeon. Make some appointments, look at photos, and choose someone you trust.

When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Jourdan Gottlieb, MD
Seattle Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.