I Have Medicaid and Need Breast Reduction? (photo)

i am like a size E or F 5'4 and i only have amerigroup medicaid and i cant find a doctor please help me!!!!!!!

Hi There,

Here is a link to the board certified doctors in your area who are qualified to perform a Breast Reduction.

Hopefully this helps!

Doctor Answers 3

Medicaid and breast reductions

If you are desiring to have your procedure covered by Medicaid, you will need to do the homework and find out who are the providers in your community.  If you have any training programs/residency programs in your area, you may also check with them as they usually accept Medicaid patients. 

Minimum weights usually have to be removed and you can find this out during your consultation.  Regardless, it is advisable to lose weight if you are able to do so with simple changes in your lifestyle and dietary habits.  My personal requirement is that patients seeking reduction be at a weight they can easily maintain as weight fluctations after surgery will have a huge impact on your appearances.  And you also have to understand meeting minimums in your situation could create a disproportion between your chest and the rest of your body.  Good luck!

Redding Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 33 reviews

Breast Reduction and Coverage through Medicaid?

Thank you for the question and pictures.

You may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery at some point; this operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations performed. If you are not at a long-term stable weight, it will be in your best interest to reach this weight prior to undergoing breast reduction surgery.

Unfortunately, it may be very difficult to find the highest quality of care if you are seeking  to have the operation covered through Medicaid. Many plastic surgeons no longer work with this organization given the bureaucratic hassles involved ( and extremely low reimbursement rates).

 Given that your first priority should be safety as well as outcome of the procedure, you may do better by gradually saving up for the procedure and/or obtaining an alternative form of health insurance.

I hope this helps.

Tom J. Pousti, MD, FACS
San Diego Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 1,498 reviews

Try the county hospital system

I doubt there are many plastic surgeons in private practice that accept Medicaid in your area. You might also try a residency clinic at one of the local medical schools. It's a difficult situation that you're dealing with but I'm sure that you will be able to find a doctor

Joseph M. Perlman, MD
Houston Plastic Surgeon
4.3 out of 5 stars 21 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.