I have indented acne scars and I'm wondering if I do derma rolling sessions will it affect my skin in a bad way?

Will my skin lose volume or age later on as a result of the sessions

Micro-needling for acne scars

Medical micro-needling has been proven to be an excellent treatment for acne scarring. Properly done, it does provide permanent results. Micro-needling is even more effective in the treatment of acne scars when human growth factor serums are applied at the time of the treatment.

However, I am not a fan of rollers as they create a more erratic pattern of "tears" through the skin rather than the clean, more evenly distributed punctures seen with the motorized micro-needling machines. 

In my office, we use the ProCell Therapies system which combines motorized micro-needling with concentrated growth factor serums made from human bone marrow stem cells and are seeing excellent results in the treatment of acne scars.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Thanks for your query. Derma roller helps in acne scars. It causes micro injury to the skin causing the scar pit to fill up gradually. It doesn’t have any effect on skin volume or collagen rather it improves the skin texture. Hope it helps.

All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon