I Had CO2 Fractional Laser Surgery 3 Weeks Ago and my Face is Still Red. Is There Anything I Can Do to Reduce the Redness?

My face changes color from pink to red as well.

Redness after laser

Be sure to follow up with your surgeon.  He or She may want to give you some temovate ointment to help reduce the redness.

Redness after laser

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Redness after CO2 Fractional Laser Surgery

In my patients, after 3 weeks, they may continue to be a little pink.  Since you are describing redness, I recommend you follow up with your practioner who can recommend a post laser treatment regimen to soothe the redness

Cynthia Golomb, MD
Pembroke Pines Dermatologist

Cynthia Golomb, MD
Pembroke Pines Dermatologist

Redness after C02 Laser

Redness can be common after a CO2 laser procedure.  Redness can be alleviated with the following options:

• Tincture of time-Time heals all wounds- redness goes away with time
  • Calmplex - anti red cream
  • IPL- can expediate removal of redness
  • Growth factor skin serums- improves appearance and healing after laser therapy

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Redness after C02 Laser

• Calmplex - anti red cream
  • IPL- can expediate removal of redness

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

CO2 laser

It would be fairly normal to still have some degree of redness 3 weeks after CO2 laser.  Everyone is somewhat different in this respect and if you are fair-skinned you can expect the redness to take a little longer.  It is most important that you are using a sunscreen every day and I would definitely not  use any potent steroids like Temovate.  More persistent redness could be treated with an IPL.  I hope this helps and I hope you're getting progressively better.

CO2 laser