Want to change the look of my nose from the side/profile without changing the look of it from a frontal view? (Photo)

I want to get a collumellar strut inserted, to straighten my nose. It should look straight from the side view, but unchanged from a frontal view of my nose. It should look as it does right now, the only thing I want to change is the side view of my nose. I have a straight nose except for the tip which forms a beak. I dont want to lift the tip in any way. Is it possible? Will it look natural? View the pic attached to see what my nose shape look like. Thanks

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a columellar strut graft.  The goal for your surgery will be to eliminate the "beak-like" appearance of your nasal tip without altering much else.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon