Age 22, Mom, Uneven Breasts?

Hi! I'm a 22 year old mom. My breasts have always been a little uneven. But ever since I had my baby (three years ago) I feel like they look horrible, I am so embarrassed of them. My boyfriend has not even seen them yet. What do you think I should do? A coworker said she had the same problem so a doctor took some fat out of her stomach and put it in her smaller breast. I will not have more than 2000 to spend on that but I'm guessing I should save up more money.

Doctor Answers 10

Reduction or augmentation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Asymmetry is definitely the norm for women. One breast is always different in shape or size than the other. The only problem is when the asymmetry is very apparent, which could cause embarrassment for the woman affected. You can get breast augmentation or a reduction surgery to balance out your breasts. You can ask your surgeon about financing options if you're on a restricted budget.

Breast Enhancement Surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Forgetting the price you can either augment one breast or reduce the other and I find implants are typically more relaible 


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The options are to have your breasts enlarged either with implants or with liposuction and fat transfer.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS
New York Plastic Surgeon

Uneven Breasts

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

If you visit with a plastic surgeon, you will probably be offered several alternatives.

  • enlarging the right breast (implant or fat)
  • reducing the left breast
  • and, reducing both areolas

You will without doubt need to save up some more.

When you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.
Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Jourdan Gottlieb, MD
Seattle Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymmetry Correction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Most women have some asymmetry. To correct this you need a full evaluation from an experienced Plastic Surgeon to determine what is needed as there are a number of options depending on your anatomy and your desires. Most of these are more than $2000. Therefore, try to ignore this for now and let your relationship go where it will. If your boyfriend likes YOU  he will not care about the asymmetry.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation in uneven breasts

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It is not uncommon to have assymetrical breasts. They may become more noticeable after pregnancies and/or nursing. If you are happy with the size and shape of at least one of them the other one could be adjusted by enlargement/lift or reduction of the other one. The price, of course , depends on what is necessary to be done for one or both of them.

Fat Grafting to Breasts for Asymmetry

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

                Fat grafting to breasts for asymmetry would be one option.  Pictures would give me greater insight. I would think that you would need to save more money.

You Deserve to be Happy with your Body

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}


Uneven or asymmetric breast are very common. Fat grafting or fat transfer is a possibility when correcting such asymmetries, but keep in mind as every woman's body is unique so are the methods and treatments for each persons body. I would strongly recommend seeking out a board certified plastic surgeon that can take the time to understand your expectations and help you achieve your ideal results. Best of luck to you 

Best Breast Surgery for Me?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for the question.

I would suggest that you seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients in your situation. You may find it helpful to view their websites before seeking consultation.  You will also find approximate costs associated with surgery listed on many of their websites.

 Have the procedure performed when you are financially “stable”.  Make a list of your goals;  in my practice, I ask patients to communicate with the help of goal pictures.

 Best wishes.

Breasts and pregnancy

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I think I answered this same question earlier but saw photos with them. If youa re the same person, then you would possibly need implants and areola reduction. 

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 30 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.