i am 19 years old and my breasts have a 2 cup size difference is there any chance they will even out naturally?

Doctor Answers 10


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Although your breast development is not complete at the age of 19 it is unlikely that such a volume difference will correct itself

New York Plastic Surgeon

Significant asymmetric breast volume in a woman 19 years of age will probably not change.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

At age 19 breast development is complete. It would be highly unlikely for any significant changes in breast volume as a function of breast development in the future.

Breast development

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

is for the most part done in your case and your breasts will not even out on their own.  See a local plastic surgeon to see what options are available for you and if you could quality for insurance coverage.  Also, you must consider how important breast feeding is to you.  If very important, I suggest you have your children first.

Curtis Wong, MD
Redding Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 33 reviews

Breast Asymmetry

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It is likely that your asymmetry will remain, however, there are options available to help correct this. Often times a plastic surgeon will utilize an implant (asymmetry-meaning one larger than the other) to help correct the volume asymmetry. This can be done in conjuction with a breast lift as well. The other alternative would to have a small reduction on the larger side and a lift on the smaller side to aid in achieving symmetry. The route you take is completly dependant on the size that you are looking to achieve.

Good luck


Fadi Chahin MD, FACS

Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

Diplomat, American Board of Surgery

Diplomat, American Board of Plastic Surgery

Fadi Chahin, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Your breasts have probably stopped growing by this point in your life.  They may change with weight gain/loss or pregnancy but these are unpredictable changes.  It is probably that the difference in size will persist unless you do something surgically.  Without seeing you, it is difficult to tell what would be the best procedure for you, however, you obviously have a volume difference.  Whatever procedure is decided upon, I imagine that you will either need a reduction of the larger side to match the smaller side or a breast implant on the smaller side to match the larger side.  If you use a breast implant then you will have more flexibility volume-wise using a saline implant since these are filled at surgery whereas silicone gel implants come pre-filled to specific volumes.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

Uneven Breasts

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

More than likely your breast asymmetry will remain.  If your have concerns then seek a consultation by a BC PS


Dr. ES

2 Cup Size Asymmetry - Will They Even Out with Time?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

 At 19, you are probably not going to develop any additional breast tissue.  Pregnancy can change the way breasts look, but this would likely not even the discrepancy.


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It is not uncommon for a woman to have two different size breasts,.  In your situation a 2 cup size differential is significant.  It is unlikely that this problem will correct itself.  Fortunately, your problem can be improved by a skillful Plastic Surgeon. There are a combination of procedures that can address this asymmetry such as Breast Reduction, Mastopexy or Breast Augmentation.  I would recommend you consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 37 reviews

I am 19 years old and my breasts have a 2 cup size difference is there any chance they will even out naturally?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It is unlikely at this age that such an asymmetry will even out.  I recommend that you see a board certified Plastic Surgeon in your area.


Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi, if you have significant breast asymmetry as you've described, it's unlikely that anything will change within the next few years.  If this bothers you, I suggest seeing a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area, as we have many techniques which can help with this.  Best wishes, /nsn.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.