Hypopigmentation After IPL

I'm an African American living in Korea. I decided to get an IPL treatment about a week ago, not taking into consideration that the doctor would not know how to perform the procedure on my skin. Immediately after, my skin burned, leaving BLACK dots on my forehead. Because the doctor spoke VERY little English, I was not advised of pre& post treatment regimens. I made the mistake of "picking" before my time and I'm left with white/pink dots on my forehead. Is this permanent damage I have done or is my pigment likely to return (if so, when?). Please help!

Hypopigmentation after IPL

Thanks for the photo. Yes, you caused the issue by "picking" the healing areas. Seek a dermatologist's opinion. Not even tattoos may help after full healing.

Regards dr. B from MIAMI