Is this Hyperpigmentation from Laser Hair Removal? Will it go away? (photo)

I had laser hair removal three weeks ago on my legs. Shortly after my treatment, I had red raised patches on my legs that felt warm and slightly itchy. The inflammation got worse a few hours later and I was given prednisone. The next day, the red patches turned brown and have remained that way. My question is, are the brown patches post inflammatory hyperpigmentation? Will this go away or is it permanent? Also, is there anything I can do to help my legs return to normal?

Hyperpigmentation

Yes. It may take a few days to fade, but it is not permanent. A light exfoliation will help. If you would like to go back to the doctor in which did the procedure after a few weeks, they may have another alternative.

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon