Hymen repair surgery after first intercourse is it successful? (photo)

hey doctor i had sex once after that i got hymen repair surgery and 1 think the intercourse was for 2 mins only after that i bleed and felt sore here are the pictures of before and after surgery it is very important in my culture to b virgin on wedding nyt m still confused will it work would i bleed on my weding night again?

Hymenoplasty: Restoring a Woman's Hymen for Marriage

Having an intact hymen for intercourse on your wedding night is important for many religions and cultures.  Surgical repair is possible by a cosmetic surgeon experienced in genital surgery.  Our Institute has a center dedicated to women interested in restoring their hymen.  We are sensitive to the delicate nature of the situation and keep the utmost confidentiality.

Although a hymenoplasty can be performed, there is never a guarantee that bleeding will occur even in a woman with an naturally intact hymen.  There are many factors involved, including thickness of the hymen, force of penetration, and the size of the penis.

I hope that this information helped answer your question.  Please refer to cosmeticurology.net for additional information.     Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic Urologist)

Cleveland Urologist

Repeat Hymenoplasty

Apparently the hymenoplasty was successful since you bled after intercourse. You would have to have a repeat procedure in order to bleed on your wedding night. I can be done successfully. Good Luck!

Johan E. Brahme, MD

What is a successful hymenoplasty?

Your hymen will not bleed again unless you repeat the surgery. It doesn't matter how little time was spent having intercourse. Once it's broken, it stops bleeding.

A hymenoplasty is designed to reconstruct a hymen-like membrane from the hymenal tissue and vaginal skin that remain in the area of the original hymen. There are several ways to do this, but they all create a web of skin that will break the first time that you put anything into the vagina. There is no guarantee that you will bleed, but if you do bleed, you will probably not bleed the next time you put anything into the vagina. The best advice is to hold back on having a hymenoplasty until you are only a few months away from wedding night. Each time that hymen breaks, small amounts of scar tissue develop which might reduce the blood supply in the area and reduce the chance of bleeding after a repeat hymenplasty.