Please suggest me permanent hair follicles regrowth. I'm 19

please suggest me a permananent hair follicles regrowth im 19 im 19 year now,i had slight hair loss from 17.. i dint use any chemical till now ,i just use castor oil mixed with coconut or almond oil,but on im having very less hair on scalp mainly front side,whwn ever i go in to sun light people get to see my scalp without hair,please suggest me a permanent solution to regrow my hair follicles..

Hair Loss Options

Thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing hair loss. I would recommend an in person exam to help determine the cause of your hair loss. Depending upon candidacy there are several efficacious hair loss treatments available. We offer non surgical PRP, or platelet rich plasma injections which have the potential to increase hair growth by stimulating the hair follicles in both male and females, Capillus laser therapy which can increase hair volume by up to 20% while preventing future hair loss, as well as surgical methods like follicular unit transplant and follicular unit extraction when needed. My goal as a hair restoration surgeon is to work closely with my patients to determine what is causing their hair loss and what is best treatment option for their individual need and long term goals.

Dr. Kathleen Morno

Highland Park Physician

Age and hair Restoration

Please ignore anyone who discourages you from seeking a hair restoration because of your age.  It is unfair of them to suggest that you should not have hair and lead the life you want to lead, look the way you want, because you're too young.  They simply do not understand the intricacy and importance of hair loss and its impact on youth.  

What determines your candidacy for a hair restoration, is the history of hair loss, your understanding of its progression, your expectations, and how you choose to live your life long as you are well informed.

Personally, I had my first procedure at the age of 22 and my second at the age of 29.  I am in my 40's with a decision that has been greatly impactful for me.   

My advice to you is to learn as much as possible about your own hair loss by using the internet, visitng doctors, looking at your past pictures, and your family history.  It still is possible that you may not be a candidate, but definitely explore all your options and excercise preventative care, it does work.

Baubac Hayatdavoudi, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Permanent Hair Regrowth

You are too young at this age for a hair transplant.  I would recommend topical therapy such as Rogaine and consider PRP with injected as an alternative to Propecia. Please consult an expert to determine why you are losing your hair.  Best, Dr. Green

Thank you for posting your questions. The only permanent solution would be hair restoration. You have other options such as minoxidil 5%, topical finasteride, and PRP. The only permanent solution would be the transplant, the others are supportive.

Matt Tahsini, MD
Pasadena Hair Restoration Surgeon

Permanent regrowth? ENGLEWOOD Cliffs NJ

In my opinion, the only permanent regrowth for genetic AGA is to undergo a hair transplant. You are too young at the present time to assess your suitability for a transplant. I would recommend that you continue temporary treatments to retain as many follicles as possible. I would suggest finasteride , minoxidil, low level laser and platelet-rich plasma. You need to be seen by your hair loss expert. They will do a good history, magnification examination possibly blood work. They will help you manage your hair loss. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon