Pimples on complete donor area in pink color (Photo)

Dear Respected Doctors, Please suggest me after seeing the attached pics, After contacting my hair surgeon. She suggested to continue using Flutibact or Momate for 1 more week and suggested me to clean the donor area with betadine solution. Iam getting lot of Itching and increase in pimples. Please help me get rid out of this. ( attached Photos).

Pimples on complete donor area in pink color

Thank you for posting your question. Generally the first few months after a hair transplant, the donor region and the recipient region may see some pimples here and there. Typically warm showers on the donor region along with the recipient region can help if it's minimal. Otherwise, an antibiotic medication should be prescribed to help with the infection. Hope this helps.

Pasadena Hair Restoration Surgeon

Pimples on donor area

You have pimples on your donor area and I would worry about an infection. If you are under your doctors treatment, then go back to your doctor and ask if it is infected

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

It is best to follow your doctor's advice over advice from the Internet. Unless the advice is to follow your doctor's advice.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Pictures

It is hard to tell from pictures but this could be nothing or it could be an infection, you could always go in for another in person evaluation. 

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist