I want remove a tattoo in my hand. Is it possible? How much will it cost? (Photo)

Laser tattoo removal

Looking at the picture with tattoo on the shoulder, it would be risky procedure as further scarring may occur since you have hypertrophic scar and some bruising. It is hard to make full evaluation just by looking at the picture. I advise you to visit an expert to obtain precise opinion. In general, dark ink is removable with success and the price depends on the location and provider, as well as the size of the tattoo and number of treatments needed. Good luck!

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Tattoo Removal

Thank you for your question in regards to tattoo removal. The photo you have attached appears to be on your shoulder rather than your hand. Cost per treatment varies from location/offices. Size, color, location of tattoo and amount of ink are also taken into consideration for total number of treatments. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Tattoo removal on hand dark skin

I see that you have a hypertrophic scar near the tattoo. Hopefully you won't have a similar reaction to your laser procedure. The process must be "gentle" so as not to cause scarring. I would use a 1064 Pico laser with your skin type. Cost is hard to estimate and would be based on number of treatments, laser used, and geographic area.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Hand tattoo

The tattoo in the photo is on the shoulder, not the hand.  There is also a scar or a blister in the picture that I cannot clearly identify. Therefore I cannot comment on the particular tattoo.  However, in general tattoos can be safely removed from the hands with laser.  Cost will depend on the particular center where you receive treatment and usually involves the size of the tattoo, the number of treatments needed, and sometimes other factors.  So, the best way to get an idea of cost is to schedule a consultation in an experienced center.