37 year old male. I lost more than 50% of my original hair at the middle and front. Is PRP treatment advisable for me? (Photo)

Lost 50% of hair; PRP? ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS NJ

In my opinion, it depends upon how long you have been losing your hair to account for 50%. If hair loss has been greater than 5 years,  PRP probably will not be able to bring back most of the hair. Your best result would be obtained by combining  PRP with Propecia. This produces the greatest amount of regrowth because it recruits the most hair from the dormant stage. You need to give this approach one year to determine if it is viable. Should this not be satisfying, hair transplantation may provide you an excellent result. Find a hair loss expert.

PRPHAIRMD.COM 

Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Getting to the Bottom of It--Seeking Hair Loss Treatment: PRP and Progesterone

Prp may be a good option for you in combination with other treatments. I suggest seeing a hair loss expert to evaluate and go over your condition and provide you information about your best treatment options. There are great non-invasive options like PRP/progesterone and/or hair transplantation. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

PRP advisable?

The first step you should take is an evaluation by an experienced Hair Restoration surgeon.You appear to be a good candidate for hair transplants and should get a very nice result.PRP,Propecia,Minoxidil and/or Low Level Laser Light therapy will be useful adjuncts to help maintain your native hair and halt the progression of further loss.

David Deutsch, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

YES PRP can help you

You are still young and even though you have lost a considerable amount of hair, you still have good follicular activity.  This a great time for PRP and or PRP + stem cells (SVF and Fat) to stimulate your follicles and preserve your existing hair.  Cellular therapy has been shown to be very beneficial and can be combined with other more traditional therapies such as minoxidil and finasteride.  The bottom line is that you should see an expert right away.  

Ryan Welter, MD
Boston Hair Restoration Surgeon

PRP alone is unlikely to be the magic bullet

Thanks for posting your question and photo. It is good that you are seeking treatment before you have lost all your hair. In reality, PRP is good for early hair loss, and terrible for late hair loss. PRP stimulates existing follicles. When one has lost significant hair, I have not seen significant new growth with PRP alone.  If you were to combine PRP with propecia (oral) and rogaine (topical), you would likely see improvement.  Of course, the single best decision you could make to ensure that you have a hairline as your hair loss progresses is a hair transplant. At this point, you should see a hair restoration specialist to learn more about your hair loss, to review medical health, and to discuss your treatment your options. 

Best of luck.

Dr. P

Benjamin C. Paul, MD

High concentration PRP is most effective for hair rejuvenation

Hi hair and skin.  Thanks for sharing your pic.  You look like a good candidate for PRP injections since you have miniaturizing follicles.  Areas of the scalp void of hair for extended periods of time are less likely to start growing hair, and may require more treatments.  Your provider will give you their recommendations-I usually start with one injection per month for 4 months, then repeat every 6 months as needed.  The higher the concentration of PRP, the better your results so be sure to inquire and check out different providers. Good luck,