Is it normal to focus more on top lip then bottom? (Photo)

I got restalyne silk a couple of days ago. She said she used 1 syringe since I wanted it to be very subtle. I noticed she spent more time on the top lip and I asked if it would be bigger then the bottom. She said no. it really looked (and still does) as if nothing at all was injected in the bottom. I'm curious why the top lip swelled so much and the bottom is totally unphased. It even feel like there is something in the top when I talk or move my lips. Bottom feels totally normal

Restylane Silk

Thanks for your question.  After being injected with lip fillers swelling can last anywhere from 1-2 weeks. Currently, you are probably not seeing the final result of the Restylane Silk. It sounds like you need more Restylane injected into the bottom lip. If after 2 weeks, you are still not happy with your results, I  would then recommend a follow up with the physician who injected you with your lip fillers.  Please see a board certified physician who specializes in lip fillers. Best, Dr. Green

Swelling after lip filler

Hello, and thanks for your question.

Swelling after lip filler can last for a couple of weeks, so you're likely not yet seeing your final result. If after a couple of weeks you're not pleased, I recommend following up with your physician to discuss your options.

Best of luck, Dr. Frucht

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Top Lip Too Big?

Thank you for your question, 

From an aesthetic standpoint the lower lip should be slightly fuller than the top lip. I would wait a week from the original injection to make any judgments as you may still have some swelling.

If you are still unhappy a week after the original injection, contact your injector for a follow-up appointment to discuss options. 

I hope this helps,   

Landon Pryor, MD, FACS
Rockford Plastic Surgeon

Restylane Silk / Tear Troughs /Nasal labial folds/ Lip Augmentation/ Hyaluronic acid fillers

I appreciate your question.

The lower lip should be slightly larger than your upper lip.  Please follow up with Injecting MD to discuss your concerns.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Is it normal to focus more on top lip then bottom?

The ideal lip would have the bottom slightly larger than the top.  If you just had this done and might be swollen, I would wait another week.  If you are already a week or more out from having the filler, you can return to your injector to ask if he/she will fix it.  Good luck!

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat

The lower lip should be larger than the upper lip.  I suggest seeing a facial sculpting expert to determine the amount of filler needed for proper lip shape and contour.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Restylane Silk to my lips

If you really feel your injector placed more in the upper lip than the bottom lip you can ask how much was injected to the top and the bottom.  I would wait for 2 weeks to see how everything looks and settles.  You can always have more injected later to the bottom lip if you are unsatisfied with the results following the first syringe.  Be sure to follow up with your injector in 2 weeks and discuss your concerns.

Elena Vega, DO
New York General Surgeon

Filler To Lips: Where To focus?

Focusing on the top vs. lower lip will vary between each individual and the structure of their lips before injection. This is where the skill of the injector comes in. Looking at your before picture, I would have concentrated more on your lower lip to make it a little larger than the top lip. It does look like both the top and the bottom were volumized. I would wait 2 weeks from the date of your injections, so the swelling subsides and the filler settles in. You can have more filler added at that time if needed. Hope this helps answer your question.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Restylane Silk to Lips

It's difficult to give an opinion based just on one photo, but it appears that the lower lip could use a bit more filler.  The lower lip should ideally be fuller than the upper lip.  I would give it some time to allow any swelling to subside and consider more filler after that.  Make sure to discuss your concerns with your injector.  Make sure that you are seeing an experienced injector, preferably a cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon.
Regards,
Dr. Ort

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Filler to lips

Yes, your lower lip should be larger than the upper lip.  But you just had it done. I would give it two weeks to settle before being overly concerned.