I was wondering what size implants you would recommend with a lift? (Photo)

I am 5'2" and 103 lbs. I am very petite . I wear a size 3 jeans, and I'm terrified to get them too large. I don't want it to be obvious that I got them done.

I was wondering what size implants you would recommend with a lift?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast…

Picking The Right Size Implant With Lift

It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 350 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. . Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the below link.

Breast implant size

Implant size depends on many variables.
Patient’s desires are important; sizers and reviewing photos with your plastic surgeon are helpful.
Individual anatomic features like the width of the breast, amount of natural breast tissue and patient skin quality help the plastic surgeon determine what is best for you.
This is all discussed at consultation and individualized to ones needs.

Breast Augmentation with Lift

Thanks for your question on which implant size would be best for you. Since there is no way to say definitively over the internet which size would be optimal for you, take comfort in the fact that the surgeon uses your unique measurements and is able to provide you with a general range. In many cases the board certified plastic surgeon can best be your guide as they’ve met with you in person and heard your aesthetic goals. You may consider doing 3-D imaging; however with nearly all the breast cases we’ve performed, we’ve found patients enjoy doing a live “try on” session where they actually can “try on” the implant in a non-padded bra in our office. This does not give an exact measurement of outcome, rather it gives a nice idea of what to expect. For patients who desire a more natural look we like to recommend the shaped implant. For patients who desire a more full, voluptuous look we recommend a higher profile implant. And remember that all breasts have at least some amount of asymmetry (we like to say they’re like sisters and not twins). My very best to you. – Dr. Brian Coan

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

What size implant?

Very common question and one that is an important consideration in the decision to undergo breast surgery. I'd recommend that you seek out a Plastic Surgeon in your area, Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Accept no substitute. Search the internet and download a few photos of breasts that you find aesthetically attractive. Bring those photos with you to your consultation so you and your surgeon are on the same page regarding your expectations. He or she can then review your particular options and you can decide together what makes the most sense for your body, your lifestyle and your budget. Best of luck!

Jonathan R. Fugo, DO
Newburgh Plastic Surgeon

Implant choice

I think that you need to be seen in person to determine what you are looking for and what your anatomy will permit. Best of luck.

Implants with a lift

Based on what I see in your photo I misght approach your surgery differently than what's been suggested. I'd need additional photos and probably to see you to be sure- but this is based on what I see in the photo you provided.

Your photos show not only that you need a bit of a lift, but that your right breast is likely a bit larger and lower than your left.  Your nipples are both laterally placed (to the side) and this is worse on the left.  I would manage the size asymmetry by slightly reducing your right breast and then using the same size implants, rather than using a larger implant on the smaller left side.  More importantly I would NOT use a circumareolar approach for your breast lifts- although that might be feasible to give you the amount of elevation you need on the left, I think it would be inadequate on the right.  More importantly a 'vertical' breast lift would give me the ability to centralize your nipples a bit.  If you do not centralize the nipple, especially on the left, you run the risk of ending with a nipple position that is even further to the side.

Again, it's hard to give you too much info without seeing you- but yours is a case that needs to be planned properly to try to correct not just your ptosis (droop) but also your symmetry.

Good Luck!...Dr. Newman

Scott E. Newman, MD, FACS

Implant size with a lift

It's time for you to find a board-certified plastic surgeon so you can go over this important issue. A good physical examination and discussion with you regarding your expectations would allow your surgeon to try to find the best fit of implant for your situation.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Implant size

Thank you for your question and photo.  It is very difficult to tell you what size you should get from a photo alone.  There are small implants that you can get with your lift that will make a volume chance subtle.  Speak to your surgeon to see if you can "try on" the implants before deciding what you will get.

Breast implants with or without implants

Thank you for your question and for including a photo.

Without examining you and measuring your chest and breasts, it is difficult to give you an accurate answer.  That being said, it appears that you would benefit from a breast augmentation with a lift (probably just around the nipples, called a periareolar lift).  Your right breast appears larger and lower with both nipple-areolas pointing more to the sides.  An implant alone will give you some lift, but I would not use too large of an implant attempting to stretch the skin leaving you dissatisfied with your new size.

Best of luck.

Dr. T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS