Exilis facial skin tightening - what age or skin conditions benefit the most from this?

Hi, i have had 4 treatments of exilis on my face, 1 wk apart and the final treatment was 3 wks ago. i havent seen any difference in my skin. i was recommended to have this by the doctor at the clinic as botox is no longer doing the job it was around my eyes, i was starting to see slight wrinkles. im 32 and im wondering whether i wouldn't neccesarily benefit from this procedure just yet. is it more beneficial for sagging of the skin? thanks

Pros & Cons

Hello!

The Exilis treatment can work for any age skin. Obviously the older your skin, the less collagen it has and it's older too. However, in your case, you should have a pretty good response as long as you're in good health otherwise. 

As Dr Wendel has mentioned, the results do take 3 months. The collagen needs this much time to re-model completely. 

The reason for not getting results from Exilis treatment is usually down to operator technique. The area has to be consistently heated for the duration of treatment and this is down to the therapist. Were you happy with the technique and were you at at 7/10 intensity throughout?

Also have you compared your before and after snaps?

Regards

Exilis

Thank you for your question in regards to Exilis. You will not see your final results of Exilis until 3 months after your treatments. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS