Is 2 tubes of Voluma really less than half a teaspoon?

I was told that 2 tubes of Voluma is less than a half a teaspoon. Is this true?? That's not very much for 1650.00. I'm getting this done at he end of May, but may change my mind if it's true.

Voluma

It would take 5 syringes of Voluma to fill a teaspoon. However, a little goes a long way. It is extremely effective for filling in the mid-face/cheek area but only you can decide if it's worth the cost to you.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Voluma

Thank you for your question cathy. Voluma is a filler used to enhance the appearance of the face. Voluma comes by the syringe (not tube). One syringe of Voluma contains 1 cc of product. One teaspoon is slightly more than 5 cc. So half a teaspoon is slightly more than 2.5 cc, which is more than 2 cc (or two syringes of Voluma). It is important to understand that a fee is not for a certain amount of product like what you get at a gas station. The fee is for the treatment, the time and expertise of the doctor, and the results. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Voluma helps fill out hollowness and rejuvenates my NYC patient's premature "aging"

Each syringe of Voluma is one cc. It would take 5 syringes to equal one teaspoon.  Voluma is an amazing revolumizer. It is meant to be injected more deeply than other hyaluronic acid fillers and is a very efficient filler. A half of a syringe (1/10th of a teaspoon) is very helpful per cheek for many patients.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice. The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Is 2 tubes of Voluma really less than half a teaspoon? = Yes, actually less than 1/2 teaspoon #voluma

in the US, a voluma syringe contain 1 cc product. Thus 2 syringes = 2 cc of product

Using conversion tables , 2 cc of volume = 0.4 teaspoons which is just a little bit less than 1/2 teaspoon. 

John Mesa, MD

2 cc is less than 1/2 a teaspoon

Yes, 2 cc of voluma is less than a half a teaspoon.
A teaspoon is 5 cc.
However, careful placement of these small amounts can dramatically improve facial volume loss.
Dr. Denkler

Voluma

Yes, this is true.  But when this small amount is placed in the correct areas, you will see amazing results.  It is all about the artistry and experience of the injector.  Depending on your volume loss, you may need more than 1 syringe for each side.  Always seek treatment from a qualified professional.  Good luck!

Jennifer Trent, MD, FAAD
Sarasota Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma and Volume

Yes each syringe of Voluma contains half of a teaspoon of product. However it is the proper placement of this amount of filler which will give you beautiful results. Generally you need one syringe in each cheek to achieve the best results.  Best, Dr. Green

Voluma Results and Happiness

Yes the amount of filler in juvederm, voluma and other HA syringes are very minimal.  But the capicity for these fillers to hold water and plump is very high.  I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist with experience for facial sculpting.  Best, Dr. Emer.

2 ccs equals 0.4 of a teaspoon, is that going to make a difference on my face...

The direct answer to your question is yes, 2 ccs of Voluma is 40% of a teaspoon.

However, if Voluma is injected skillfully by a Board Certified plastic surgeon with experience and knowledge in the application of Voluma, this 2 ccs can give you excellent results with visible improvement in the facial area you want treated.

Obviously, without an in person exam, no RealSelf online plastic surgery expert can give you an idea how many ccs you will need to improve the specific facial area you are concerned about. I can, however, tell you that I have experienced excellent results using Voluma because it is both malleable and produces long lasting benefits.

With respect to your concern about the cost of Voluma, keep in mind that because of the long lasting results using Voluma vis-a-vis other facial injectable products, this should definitely be factored into your decision.

Voluma/filler volume per syringe

It takes 5cc (5ml) to make a teaspoon, so yes, 2cc is about 1/2 of a teaspoon. We lose about 1-2cc or volume per year after the age of about 32-34. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD