Is 2 tubes of Voluma on each side too much? It would be a total of 4.

I am 46 I already received 2 tubes 1 on each cheek. I'm thinking about doing another one. Do you normally do that many or should I stop?

How much Voluma to use

Thank you for your question cathy m. Voluma is a
filler used to enhance the appearance of the face. For my patients I normally start with two syringes (one per side). This is a conservative amount. I have patients return two weeks later to take after photographs to assess the results once swelling has subsided. At that point the patient can decide whether he/she would like further enhancement. Some patients have 6-8 syringes; everyone is different. Please consult with a doctor for specific
recommendations.  Good luck!

Encino Physician

Thank you for your question in regards to Voluma. The amount of filler needed will vary from patient to patient. Although, it is common to have multiple syringes to achieve desired results. If additional fillers are desired, it is best to wait until initial swelling and bruising has subsided. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

The amounts of Voluma depend on your individual case

2 syringes is a good starting point in most individuals.  In  the FDA trials, up to 6 syringes were necessary for improvement.

I usually wait a few weeks after the first injection to re-inject. In most patients this is very safe and normal.

Ernest Robinson, MD
Aliso Viejo Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma: How much is enough

Without seeing your photographs it is impossible to advise you whether or not to have more injections.  However, some patients do require substantial volumes to achieve best outcomes. If you do not trust your doctor's opinion, I would recommend finding another injector.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Voluma for cheeks

It is hard to determine how much you would need without a photo.  However, in my practice I have patients who need 4 syringes of Voluma.  The amount of Voluma needed is tailored to the specific needs and desires of the patient.  Always seek treatment from a qualified professional.  Good luck!

Jennifer Trent, MD, FAAD
Sarasota Dermatologic Surgeon

Is 2 tubes of Volume too much?

Thank you for your question. The amount of filler needed to provide optimal results varies from patient to patient. Two syringes in each cheek typically is not too much. However, without an in-person exam it is difficult to say how much Voluma is ideal in your case. I recommend you see an expert injector, such as a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to determine the number of syringes needed to achieve your desired look.

Additional Syringes of Voluma

Hello Cathy M,

The number of syringes needed to achieve the desired results varies from person to person. People who have had similar procedures completed in the past may have differing needs from people who are having this type of treatment for the first time. It is very common for our patients to return for additional syringes because they love their results so much! Best to you, Dr Faraz

Amount varies

The amount necessary varies with the individual.
When I was involved in the FDA trials for Voluma, about six vials were used on average in each patient.

4 syringes of Voluma

Hi Cathy, 4 syringes of Voluma (2 per side) is not necessarily too much. I've used 4 per side on clients, or even 8+ on one side where the client had asymmetry due to a facial trauma. We have clients in their mid-30s who get 2 or more per side and look great after, and we have clients in their 40s who only need 1 per side. It's highly individual.

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

Every patient is different, thats the bottom line. The determining factor is the amount of volume loss that a particular patient has.  Four syringes is not necessarily too much, but you also want to make sure that your injector is someone who will not push you over into the "overfilled" category.  You want to make sure you achieve and natural correction, and for that you need communication with your injector.  You may also want to wait a few weeks to let things settle before adding more product.  Hope this helps.  

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon