Is 2 tubes of Voluma to much?

I am getting 1 tube of Voluma in each check. Do you think that is to much to start with ? I'm 46 with a narrow face, but don't want to over do it.

Voluma in the cheeks

It is hard to determine how much Voluma you need without a photo.  I commonly start with 1 syringe per cheek in most my patients.  Always seek treatment from a qualified professional.  Good luck!

Sarasota Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma

Hello, and thanks for your question. 

Without a photo, it's difficult to recommend a specific treatment plan. However, I can say that I commonly use two syringes of Voluma in my patients. Some need a little more, some need less. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by a well-trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Is 2 tubes of Voluma too much?

Thank you for your question. Two syringes of Voluma, one syringe for each side, is a typical amount for the area you are describing. On average, I use 2-3 total syringes to start off with. If you have a very slender face you may be able to get results with less. However, it is difficult to determine the volume needed without a consultation. I recommend you follow up with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your concerns.

Voluma and Cheeks

Voluma is my favorite product and I love how natural it looks. It is very reasonable to start with one syringe for each cheek.  If here is a great deal of volume loss then you may need additional volume.  When it is the first time I usually recommend having two syringes. Best, Dr. Green

How much Voluma for the cheeks

2 syringes of Volume, 1 into each cheek, is very reasonable. That said, if its your first time, and you have a narrow face, you could certainly try 1/2 syringe per side, let it settle in for 2-3 weeks, and then add another syringe if need be. Most importantly, have a highly qualified specialist such as a dermatologist treating your face to optimize safety and efficacy.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma

Thank you for your question in regards to Voluma. Two syringes of Voluma are very common to begin with.
To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Two tubes is OK

Two tubes is less than one half a teaspoon total to your face.
So the amount is not a lot and should not be too much.

Voluma

Two syringes of Voluma is a typical amount used in our office.  I usually recommend 1 syringe of Voluma for each cheek.  It is rare that a patient would need 1 syringe split between each cheek.  I have even put 3 syringes of Voluma in some patients who had severely deficient/flat cheeks.  A photo of your face would be more helpful to give you the most accurate advice.  However, I do feel 2 syringes of Voluma is not too much.  Good luck!  

Janet M. Neigel, MD
Livingston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Voluma Results and Happiness

Voluma amount is based on what you start with.  Most people need more than that even at a younger age to get lifting and volume. I suggest seeing an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Two Voluma syringes

Thank you for your question! Without photos it is difficult to give you specific advice.  I would say that, in general, one syringe of voluma per cheek is an appropriate starting point for building volume.  Make sure you research your physician injector to make sure they have the training and experience to deliver to you the results you are looking for.  They are the ones who should really decide how much filler you would need to achieve your goal. Best of luck to you!

Alix J. Charles, MD
Hinsdale Dermatologic Surgeon