What's your personal opinion on this CoolSculpting procedure?

LOVE It!

We LOVE CoolSculpting in our office! The results of the CoolSculpting Procedure are not as rapid or dramatic as invasive procedures such as liposuction. However, for patients who wish to avoid surgical procedures, CoolSculpting is an excellent option. It is very rare to have a patient who hasn’t noticed any difference from the treatment (and we do a LOT of CoolSculpting). In the clinical studies, patients saw up to a 23% fat reduction in the area, and we think this is a fairly consistent result. CoolSculpting is best for those patients who are within 20 pounds of their ideal weight, and have some modest-size fat bulges that are not easily reduced through diet and exercise.The treatment permanently reduces the fat cells in the area, so you don’t have to worry about the fat coming back in the treated area!

Raleigh-Durham Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting

CoolSculpting is an effective non-invasive treatment to reduce fat bulges by about 25%.  It is a great treatment for individuals who have small to medium size bulges who are around their ideal weight.  It is a great alternative to liposuction for people who do not want downtime.  It is also a very low risk, safe treatment, so it is beneficial for many different types of individuals.  

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Coolsculpting is a safe and effective treatment for certain individuals

Coolsculpting was the first revolutionary bodysculpting treatment to induce the permanent destruction of fat cells with one treatment.  This leads to around 15-30% reduction in the thickness of the treated fat.  As long as you maintain the same weight, the resulting fat loss should be long-lasting.  The disadvantages of Coolsculpting are that it takes time to see results (2-4 months), and the treatment can be uncomfortable.  There is also a side effect known as paradoxical fat hyperplasia where the treated fat becomes firm and thicker, but it is rare.  Also, it is an effective treatment if you're around 25 lbs of your ideal body weight with appreciable fat "bulges."  For heavier people with larger volumes of fat, it may not be an optimal treatment as the fat may not fit into the applicators, or it may require multiple and repeat treatments to achieve results. Radiofrequency devices like Vanquish may be more efficient and effective in these cases.

Coolsculpitng works

Coolsculpting and other non-invasive body contouring techniques such as SculpSure really work.
Liposcution can remove larger amounts at one sitting but is a surgery and involves more recovery.
Dr. Denkler

Coolsculpting / Sculpsure and Results versus Hi Definiton Liposuction

Coolsculpting and sculpsure are great non invasive options but are limited by the results being 15-25% in a single treatment compared to liposuction which can give much higher return in a single treatment but has downtime.  I suggest you see a cosmetic body contouring expert.  Best, Dr. Emer. 

Coolsculpting is safe and effective

Coolsculpting is a safe and effective noninvasive method to reduce fat bulges.  I have two coolsculpting devices in my office and have had 9 cycles myself.  Like my patients, despite exercise and being slim, there were areas of fat that would not flatten.  After coolsculpting, I am able to feel good in my clothes without spanx.  

Only an experienced provider of coolsculpting can determine if you are a candidate and, if so, how many and which specific cycles you need to reach your goal. 

I hope this answer was helpful.  Best wishes.

Heidi A. Waldorf, MD

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is a great non surgical option for removing small amounts of fat with no downtime and perhaps greater cost (for the technology and convenience). There is excellent science behind it, but selecting appropriate patients is key. They should have mild areas of fat excess, good skin quality, and realistic expectations that includes possibly repeating the procedure for the best result. Because a plastic surgeon can offer you additional procedures such as liposuction or tummy tuck, I believe that is the best practice to have an evaluation as they would have less incentive direct you to Coolsculpting if not the best option. A practice that can only offer you Coolsculpting for fat removal has more of a chance to see you as a suitable candidate if it is all the have. Hopefully this video will help.

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting in a plastic surgeon's office

CoolSculpt works for improvement in localized areas of fat of the abdomen, flanks, thighs, back and chin for which it is FDA approved. Most patients require 2 treatments to each area to see the best results. It is not a weight loss procedure or a substitute for diet and exercise.
The advantage of going to a plastic surgeon for CoolSculpt is that if CoolSculpt is not the best option for you, a board certified plastic surgeon can offer you other options. If you go to a spa or non plastic surgeon, they may not recommend other options, since they may not perform other procedures. 

CoolSculpting works!

I have attached a link that might be helpful...

Hi dhill1.  CoolSculpting is an effective procedure for reducing fat.  It is technique dependent and correct patient selection is key.  There is a certification process offered by the company, so the technician who has trained at CoolSculpting University will provide you with the greatest chance at a successful outcome by choosing the correct applicators for the area and by advising you when you are not a candidate.  Good luck!

Personal opinion on CoolSculpting

Thank you for your question. CoolSculpting is great for stubborn areas of fat. It works by applying cold to a treatment area which induces fat cell death, which are then carried out of our body through our lymphatic system. It is a safe non-surgical sculpting procedure. Unfortunately, not everyone is a candidate. If you are interested, please see a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. This way, you can explain your concerns, determine if you are a candidate, and learn more about the procedure. An in-person examination is always best. Hope this helps. Good luck! 

Regards,

Martin Jugenburg, MD