Could someone in Alabama or Tennessee that specializes in tummy tucks please help me connect and begin my journey?

I want someone that specializes in tummys

Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in cosmetic surgery of the body and you should be fine. I perform tummy tucks on postpartum women and weight loss patients very frequently. If you are willing to travel to Nashville, I will certainly be happy to consult with you.

Tummy Tuck

First learn as much about the procedure as possible. We have information on our website (see link below) that can give you an idea of what all is involved an help you decide if this is the best choice for you.

Second choose your surgeon well. For the best results seek the consultation of a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. They have a website listing all the certified plastic surgeons. The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), is recognized as the world’s leading organization devoted entirely to aesthetic plastic surgery and cosmetic medicine of the face and body. ASAPS is comprised of over 2,600 Plastic Surgeons; active members are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (USA) or by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and have extensive training in the complete spectrum of surgical and non-surgical aesthetic procedures. International active members are certified by equivalent boards of their respective countries. All members worldwide adhere to a strict Code of Ethics and must meet stringent membership requirements.

Lastly, if you have an interest in coming to Nashville we have an extensive practice in tummy tucks, mommy make-overs and breast surgery. We'd be more than happy to discuss this with you and determine how you can best achieve the results that you want.

Alexander G. Nein, MD, MS, FACS

Specializes in Tummy Tucks

I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon.  Also, I would recommend viewing before and after pictures on surgeon's website as well as at your consultation visit.  I am located in Nashville, TN and would be happy to see you for a consultation and discuss the best treatment options for you.  Best of luck to you!

Chad Robbins, MD

Finding surgeon

Thank you for your question.  One of the best ways to begin your search for a surgeon is to look at board certified plastic surgeons' websites focusing primarily on their before and after photos of tummy tucks as well as patient reviews.  Then schedule a consultation to be seen in person for a physical evaluation.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Tummy tuck specialization

Hello and thank you for your question. If you are starting your journey may I ask if possibly you are a weight loss patient. If so then realself is actually an excellent reference for ps specializing in post massive weight loss body such as myself. See if you can find someone jn your area. Tha American society of Plastic Surgeon's. 
Peter Fisher M.D 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
 .I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.