Should I switch from the underwire bra I was fitted for by Dr referral to no wire bra, 3 weeks after a breast lift, no implant?

Breast lift no implant 8/29. 2 days later switched 2 soft sports bra due 2 surgical bra cutting under incisions. 9/20 Dr referred me 2 be fitted in underwire bra. Saw him once fitted, said it's good. I have text in to his nurse. Having pain and soreness ever since. Taking Tylenol to address and end up removing bra after a few hrs. Don't want to screw up end results. Trust Dr. He Did LBL yr ago. Great. Concerned what I should be wearing. Swelling under that incision there since day 1 post op.

Surgical bra

Hello dear, thanks for your question. 

How long I have to wear my post-surgical bra after a Breast surgery?

I always recommend my patients to wear their prost-surgical bra for at least 3 months from surgery day.

Then you can change to an sports bra and continue using it for at least 6 months from surgery. It is a process and we have to give support and protection to our breasts.

Compression is good for our breasts after a this procedure, we have to protect our post-surgical results and we will have a great surgery outgoing!! 

But I recommend to ask to your PS, because each surgeon has their own politics.

Good luck :)

No wire

I agree that you should direct your specific questions to your surgeon, as everybody has their own protocol for post-op instructions. That said, in our practice, we discourage underwire bras after any breast surgery for 4 weeks. It sounds like your pain started with the bra, so maybe it's best if you stick with a soft sportsbra for now. Ask your surgeon to be sure. Good luck!

Bra to wear

Specific questions like this are best answered by your surgeon who might have specific post-op instructions he would like you to follow. Best of luck.

Breast Lift / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon