I had a root canal at 15 followed by metal cap. Cap has busted into canal hole! I'm 30 now, can I fix it from home?

Hole in Crown

See a dentist.  The hole in the crown may have been there for a while.  If food and plaque has been getting into the hole. you may have a bigger problem than needing a new crown.  Crowns last 10-15 years generally so it is time for a new one!

Options for broken #crown #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
I would not recommend attempting dentistry at home. It's great that you got 15 years of wear from your crown, but it's time for a new crown. I tell my patients to expect 20+ with the crowns I do, but 15 years is not bad at all. I would recommend seeing your dentist a soon as possible to have this issue addressed. Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100

Broken crown

It's time to get a new crown. You've gotten 15 years out of the current crown. There have been many improvements in technology since your original crown was done. You will be surprised at how great the new crown will look. There are no home remedies for your problem.