Buccal fat removal and chin lipo/implant? (Photo)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 3
Buccal fat removal and chin liposuction and implant?
Thank you for asking about your buccal fat removal and chin liposuction and implant.
- I think you will get a very nice result from an extended chin implant to give you more fullness of the lower face.
- Under your chin - there is either excess fat or loose muscle or both. If the muscle is loose a central neck lift is done to tighten the muscle and remove the fat. If the muscle is not loose, the direct fat removal is probably better than liposuction which can leave track marks in the skin.
- An exam is needed to see if you have excess buccal fat to remove - from the front view it seems that you do but it is less clear in the side views.
- I would go ahead and find a plastic surgeon in your area whom you like and plan to have the procedures that you want, if examination confirms you will get the result you want.
- You have a beautiful face - now you can feel beautiful too!
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Chin Impant will improve facial balance
A medium extended anatomical chin implant will balance your face. I agree w/ Dr. Morgan. A small amount of liposuction under the chin (at the same time) is all I would recommend. (Buccal fat removal is not recommended). Best,
Buccal fat removal and chin lipo/implant? = Areas of the face that are of concern could be improved with plastic surgery #buccal
Achieving a chiseled, less chubby face requires to address multiple factors in the face and the body composition to contribute to this physical finding. This analysis will help to determine what is the plastic surgery procedure(s) what could best help to correct a chubby face, thus achieve a slimmer more chilled face.
Some of the physical findings that may need to be addressed to achieve a slimmer / chiseled face are:
- Lower anterior cheek fullness: this could be addressed surgically with buccal fat removal
- Lower posterior cheek fullness: this could be achieving my treating the masseter muscle ( a masticatory muscle) with Botox. The masseter muscle gives bulk to the lower posterior cheek fullness at the level of the angle of the jaw bone
- Overall body fat: weight loss to achieve a normal or low normal weight for the height ( normal BMI) is a must. (most models with chiseled face have are "skinny" and therefore have a BMI in the low normal range)
- Anterior and lateral cheek bone projection: lack of cheek bone projection won't allow to have a chiseled appearance, event if the above factors are achieved. Therefore, it someone has not good cheek bone projection, he or she may require cheek augmentation/ enhancement with either soft tissue fillers like voluma or cheek implants
- Saggy facial skin: young people usually doesn't have saggy facial skin. Patients in the 30s or 40s may have some aging related sagginess that may be improved with soft tissue fillers
Additionally, patients with small chin may improve/balance their facial structure by augmenting their chin with soft tissue fillers like voluma in the office setting or placing a permanent chin implant.
Patients interested in determining if buccal fat removal may help to achieve a chiseled face should make a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon specialized in plastic surgery procedures of the face
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.