My breast are causing pain in my back and neck due from sagging?

Would medicare pay for a breastlift to ease my pain?

Lipo-lift

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Insurance may cover reduction of the size of the breasts, but not a pure breast lift.

Back Pain Due to Sagging or Ptosis, Does Medicare Cover?

Costs will depend on several factors: the geographic location, the skill and experience of the surgeon, and operating room and anesthesia fees.  Approximate costs can be found on the Real Self website, Surgery.org, or PlasticSurgery.org.

There are plenty of payment options and payment plans, but you will need to check with your Medicare supplier or supplemental company to make sure that the claim could be made, and then confirm with the surgeon's office that they accept the form of payment. Best of luck.

OHIP covers breast reduction, which can also lift the breasts

Insurance generally covers breast reduction if it is medically advised, but not so much for a breast lift. A breast reduction can ease the pain and discomfort caused by excessively large breasts. Fortunately, the breasts are typically reshaped to be made perkier at the same time as a breast reduction, so you can still obtain the benefits of a breast lift. Your family doctor or board certified plastic surgeon can help you with the insurance approval process.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... if your breasts are too big and heavy, you can have a reduction with lift to get rid of extra skin and extra tissue too, you will feel better, everything has a solution. Kisses!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Will insurance pay for #plasticsurgery #breastreduction

Thank you for your question about if insurance would cover the breast lift surgery.  Insurance companies do not pay for procedures that are considered to be cosmetic plastic surgery.  Best to consult in person with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of the ASPS.  I hope this is helpful and wish you all the best. -Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS

CARE Plastic Surgery

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Would Medicare pay for a breast lift?

No  insurance will pay for a cosmetic breast lift. However, breast reduction surgery is sometimes covered by health insurance. Medical directors consider letters from plastic surgeons describing symptoms from large breasts; the directors decide whether the surgery is medically necessary or if it is cosmetic, which would make it not covered by insurance. A consultation with a plastic surgeon will facilitate the possibility of approval for your surgery. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon