Why after breast surgery do I have a huge scar underneath my breast and on my nipples?

Breast Augmentation Scarring

Thank you very much for your question and congratulations on your recent breast surgery. However, without a photograph or additional information, it is difficult to provide any meaningful advice. Prior to your procedure, your surgeon should have explained the expected scarring. Unfortunately, unexpected scarring can occur. My suggestion is that you contact your operating surgeon with your concerns, as he/she knows the most about the specific technique performed, your medical history, and your healing progression.

This is very difficult to answer without any photos or an exam.  Was a lift needed at the same time?

Scar Underneath Breast and On Nipples After Surgery

Hello, and thank you for your question. I definitely understand your concern but without any photos or further details about the time since your procedure or other information, I can tell you the one thing I would recommend the most:

You may not be fully satisfied with the appearance of your implants; implant size issues, prominent scarring, asymmetric or undesired appearance or placement of  #implants or hardening may interfere with patient satisfaction.  

ALWAYS CONTACT YOUR PLASTIC SURGEON IF YOU HAVE CONCERNS ABOUT INFECTION, BLEEDING, SWELLING, FEVER, EXCESSIVE BRUISING, OR ANY NEW AND SUDDEN CHANGES IN THE FEELING OR LOOK OF YOUR BREASTS/IMPLANTS.

Scar locations are usually discussed in pre-surgical visits.

Greetings,

I would strongly suggest that you discuss your incisions with your surgeon when you return for a follow-up visit. He (she) could better explain what was needed and accomplished with your surgery.

Hope your recovery is uneventful and you have an excellent outcome.

Best Regards,

Douglas J. Raskin, MD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Without a photo

impossible to know fully what you are referring to. If you had a lift, then those are typical incisions. If you simply had an augmentation, then maybe your surgeon made a breast crease(IMF) incision while at the same time performing an areola reduction. Not sure without knowing what you had done or what your goals of surgery were. 

Breast scars

Not exactly sure. It sounds like you had a lift along with your augmentation, or at least a lower IMF incision followed by an areolar reduction.  I hope this was discussed with you beforehand, but sometimes the incisions there are necessary.