Would Juvederm Ultra or Ultra Plus be able to address my cheek volume loss? (Photo)

I am young and have minor volume loss in my cheeks. I never had fillers or botox done, and with makeup on still get carded for drinks, but I am starting to see a difference in my cheek area, nasolabial folds and under my eyes. I saw three separate plastic surgeons who gave me three different opinions. One says I need one syringe of restylane, the other said two of voluma, and the one said one of juvederm ultra or ultra plus. I am afraid of looking unnatural but want results. What should I do?

Filler for Cheek Volume

It appears that you would be a good candidate for Juvederm Voluma in the cheeks.  This would address the loss of volume in your cheeks/contour and reduce the nasolabial folds.   Best of luck

Juvederm for cheek volume loss

I would start with Juvederm Voluma in the cheeks. The resulting lift in your cheeks can help minimize the changes in your nasolabial folds as well, possibly negating the need for restylane or juvederm ultra/ultra plus.

Sarah Cerminara, MD
Stuart Dermatologist

Fillers for Cheek Volume

Fillers work great for the midface and I suggest getting a formal evaluation to see what fillers would be best.  although voluma does last longer and is approved for midface its not always going to give the most lift.  I suggest seeing a facial contouring specialist, and someone that uses cannulas for filling the midface.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Juvederm | Fillers

Thank you for your question about Juvederm.

We recommend the use of Juvederm Voluma XC for adding volume to the cheeks.

To be sure, see two or more licensed and board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have these treatments.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Would #Juvederm #Ultra or Ultra Plus be able to address my #cheek #volume #loss? Try #Voluma

Juvederm or Restylane/ Perlane would fill the cheeks. They would not last more than 9-12 months in this location. They also tend to be too soft to adequately fill and lift the cheeks. The two best options are Voluma or silastic cheek implants. Voluma lasts up to 2 years and is injected in the office. Most people with your amount of volume loss require 2-3 syringes. Silastic cheek implants last a lifetime and require a small surgical procedure. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dermal Filler for Volume Loss in Cheeks

Each injector has his or her own preferences regarding the product to use. A skilled injector may use any of the 3 to produce a quality result. My preference for volume loss in the cheeks is voluma. It is specifically designed for this purpose.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Juvederm, Restylane, Voluma

The most important decision is choosing an experienced physician injector who can assess your face and decide which product would be best for you.  It is important to understand the different properties of Juvederm, Restylane and Voluma when treating a patient.  Juvederm Ultra Plus, Perlane or Voluma would be appropriate choices and you would need to trust your physician to chose the right one for you.
.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Cheek filler

Good evening!

Short answer- all three of the fillers offered to you would do a good job in competent hands, but I would recommend Voluma.  Voluma, Restylane, and Juviderm all all essentially the same chemical, with Voluma having some slight chemical differences to greatly enhance longevity. 

All of these products are reabsorbed by your body- you will likely get about 8-10 months out of Restylane and Juviderm, and the studies claim that Voluma will last well over a year.

The best thing about all of these products is the absorbable characteristic- if you are not crazy about it it will go away completely with no residual effect over time.  If you REALLY do not like it, a reversal agent is available that will make it disappear in about 48 hours.

I hope this helps

Robert Steely, MD, FACS

Cheek volume

I concur, Voluma would be my first choice. Great product, and if for some reason you don't like it, it's reversible.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek volume loss

Thank you for your question. For filling cheek volume loss I would recommend using Juvederm Voluma. It lifts and fills with really natural results.