How long after getting a Brazilian butt lift can I resume work?

I work as an office manager and I am very limited in getting days off. How long after can I go back to work?

This will depend the activities but 1 week may be enough.

It is always best to ask these questions of your chosen surgeon as recommendations may be different.

Recovery really varies depending on how you bounce back from both the anesthesia and all the work on your body. You also want to avoid sitting, so the more you sit at work the longer you may want to take off. Two weeks is a starting assumption - If your job is not physically demanding you may be able to function sooner, but more physical jobs you may want to take more time off. 

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

BBL recovery

BBL recovery is the same as getting an all body liposuction; full body liposuction is imperative to maximize amount of fat that can be transferred to your buttocks; otherwise you will not be happy with your results. You will feel very sore but be able to be functional quickly; I believe that one week is more than enough time for you to return to sedentary activity; I would advise you to sit on your upper thighs more than your buttocks for the first couple of weeks.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

BBL

It is important to consult with your surgeon about their post-operative instructions, as each surgeon has slightly different post-operative protocols. Most patients can return back to work within a week or two. Although, I recommend to my patients that they do not sit on their bottoms for long periods of time for the first three weeks after a BBL. The first week I do not recommend any sitting or pressure on the buttocks, days 8-14 the patient may sit up to 5 minutes two times per day.  Days 15-21 the patient may sit up to 9 minutes five times a day only then days 22 and beyond sitting is fine as long as the patient is comfortable. If you must go back to work before 3 weeks and are required to sit for long periods of time, I definitely do recommend purchasing a BBL pillow and getting up every 10-15 minutes to walk around until you are at least three weeks post op. I hope this helps.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... I recommend you to get back to work in 2 weeks, of course you can go back before, but it will be more comfortable to sit after 2 weeks.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Going back to work after Brazilian

This is a question best answered by your doctor during the consultation or preoperative visit.

Each doctor will have their own protocol so it's best to follow up with your doctor recommends.

In our practice we give each patient and specialized foam pillow designed for recovery of Brazilians.

This pillow and allows all the pressure to be placed on the back of the flies and not the treated areas.

With the use of these specialized postoperative pillows patients can go back to work as soon as they feel comfortable usually within a few days.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD