How long do I need to wait for a corrective facelift surgery? (photos)

If my first facelift and upper and lower eye lids surgeries were not satisfactory , how long do I need to wait for a second revision surgery ?

Revision Facelift & Eyelid Surgery

Thank you for your question.  I would typically advice a year to ensure scars have matured.  Please make sure you find a reputable and qualified plastic surgeon who can assess you properly to give you a realistic idea of what outcome you can achieve.

All The Best 

Timing of Revision Facelift

In general, we recommend waiting a full year before considering revision surgery since swelling takes a while to subside and scars take about a year to mature.  Based on your photos, if you are unhappy with the lines around your eyes (crows feet), those are not usually improved with surgery and considering a neuromodulator such as Botox or Dysport may be a better option to improve that. 

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision facelift

Thank you for your post. I also wanted to add that the reason we wait a year is that swelling and scar healing can actually take that long to fully resolve and be confident that this is your end point. At that time, a revision would be better because one can tackle the obvious asymmetries since they would be fully healed. Hope this helps and good luck! Dr. Miguel

George S. Miguel, DO
Troy Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision facelift

Typically we recommend waiting a year.  At that time the healing is completed and your new surgeon can take a fresh look at the area that were not addressed  well during the first surgery and incorporate that into his/her plan.
I would seek out someone who specializes in Facelifting.  

Edwin F. Williams, III, MD
Latham Facial Plastic Surgeon

Every patient is different and you would need to evaluated by an experienced surgeon. In general, 6 months is an appropriate period of time to wait before having revision facial surgery.

Warren J. Katz, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift Revision

Discuss your goals with your plastic surgeon.  In general, revisions and touch up can be done 6 to 12 months after surgery.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Revision of Facial Surgery

Almost all facial surgery with the exception of rhinoplasty can, in my opinion, successfully be revised at six months.  Some minor touch ups can be done sooner.  Many surgeons would wait at least a year before revising a rhinoplasty.  It depends, of course, on the patient's examination, procedure to be revised, and the surgeon's preference all of which will vary.

How long do I need to wait for a corrective facelift surgery?

Every patient is unique. You have not posted sufficient imaging to guide my answer. Date of surgery, health history, and the specific complaints that you have will also be helpful. In the meantime, I treat each patient as an individual. When the tissues have softened and settled down is usually the best time for any revision. Good luck.

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

How long do I need to wait for a corrective facelift surgery? = ideally 1 year #fb #facelift #revision #drmesa

Revision facelift and revision eyelid surgery may be necessary when the outcome of the initial surgery is not satisfactory.

Unless an "urgency", revision /corrective cosmetic surgery should be performed ideally once all the healing process has passed which is 1 year ( 12 months). This guarantee that the surgeon is not working in in a moving target ( healing face/neck) to maximize a positive outcome

John Mesa, MD

Depends

Based on the one photograph that I see, the real question is not about needing corrective surgery but rather would you benefit from a brow lift instead of or in addition to the upper eyelid surgery. In some patients that heaviness in the upper eye area is due to excess skin in the upper eyelid and other patients it is due more to the drooping of the forehead and brows. Of course in many patients both are an issue to varying degrees so selecting the right procedure is dependent on this initial assessment  and analysis. Again based on the one photograph available I suspect a brow lift would be very helpful in your rejuvenation effort. 

Ravi Dahiya, MD
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon