How long more for botox to wear out?

Thank u so much Dr Commons for answering my question! How long more for my eyes to see normal again, I'm so scared now to do botox ever again !

Botox longevity

Thank you for sharing your question. I am sorry to hear about your bad experience with Botox. Usually, Botox lasts approximately 3-4 months. Some experience the effects of Botox wearing off sooner, others report longer lasting results. If you are concerned, I recommend following up with your injector to discuss your side effects. Best of luck.

How long more for Botox to wear out?

Thank you for your question. The effects from Botox typically last 3-4 months. Perhaps consider scheduling a follow up with your injector to discuss your concerns, sometimes it helps to have some clarity.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Botox – What to expect

Thanks for your question. This is a question that we get asked often by our patients.  As far as Botox treatments, muscle hyperactivity would likely require treatment 3 times a year.  Botox effects can last anywhere from 4-6 months and with recurrent treatments, this will lead to mild atrophy of the muscle, and some prolongation of Botox's effects.  Botox effects are never permanent, however, if you elected to stop, your muscle would hypertrophy back to its original size. These are advanced techniques so be sure to get an experienced cosmetic dermatologist consultation for recommendations and treatment options.

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist

Botox and Results

Botox lasts 2-4 months depending on the individual response to treatment.  I suggest seeing an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox duration

Thank you for your question. I'm sorry you did not get the result you had hoped for. 

Botox tends to last 3 to 6 months, but this can be longer or shorter depending on a number of factors. As always, I recommend that you get treated by a well-trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best, Dr. Frucht. 

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon